Games That I Hate And Everyone Tells Me I'm Wrong

The Myst series is bad and I think of it as the Blair Witch Project of video games

By which I mean “Inexplicably a paradigm shifting phenomenon despite being both boring and also physically painful to experience”

5 Likes

every game like this for me is like a nintendo game based on the innocence and whimsy of childhood or an rpg

nintendo makes games tim allen would love. marinate on that

and u cant say “but theyre made for kids” because kids play apex legends and baldi’s basics, not splatoonio zoddyssey

6 Likes

oh yeah i bounced off ffxv pretty god damn hard too

Yeah bullet witch kinda sux but I think its camera placement in relation to bullet witch herself is fantastic. It’s like straight up one of the best camera placements for a single player non cover tps imo. And no other game has it. Also I like how all the levels feel like right after building them someone sneaked in and just increased the scale of the entire environment by 50%.

Gits ps2 is way better tho imo

Oh any physics based platformer I find miserable. Trials is torture.

2 Likes

while i really like this sentiment i feel like more accurately tim allen would probably be one of those dudes who waxes nostalgic about video arcades in the 80’s. his favorite game is like centipede or some shit where a clown has to hammer spikes into metal bars while avoiding sentient burger-demons

2 Likes

every saints row is trash

6 Likes

Oh my God this thread hurts so good it’s like foam-rolling my taste in video games

4 Likes

See also: Avatar

Yeah Myst’s popularity baffled me pretty much the same way as Avatar’s. Power of cutting edge grfx I guess. At least Myst is brainier than that stupid movie?

1 Like

Myst’s box art was really good

4 Likes

Like most culturally momentous things it contains an indelible pop-song-sized moment.

Just watch the opening 2 minutes of the game again:

Starting in the middle of Atrus’ thought, a book – in space!, video instead of words in the book, touching it and watching the movie become ‘fullscreen’, realizing you can’t go back – it’s everything, right here, and just like the opening to FFVII it uses new tech to sell something far beyond what the tech can do; with clever and meticulous work these seamless stitchings are absolute magic.

8 Likes

Dark Souls is dumb and boring.

2 Likes

there has never been a dragon quest with acceptable pacing and the idea that you’re supposed to just grind away at it until it endears itself to you has always seemed mildly insulting to me

V DS is the only one that’s close to OK

6 Likes

I have never enjoyed playing a Rockstar game.

GTA 1 doesn’t count, they were still DMA Designs then.

you’re wrong

5 Likes

Since I’ve never finished a DQ game I’m inclined to agree with Felix. Although DQ11 is looking good so far, we’ll see. Other than that one pacing is better in FF games by a mile

dragon quest does suck

HATERS

5 Likes