Games That I Hate And Everyone Tells Me I'm Wrong

Pikmin 2 is like… Too Much Pikmin. this is coming from a Pikmin Liker. like the last time i got really into pikmin, several years ago, i remember being blown away by how fun pikmin 1 was and then how like, worn out i got from putting so many hours in the second one. i think the lack of time management just makes things tedious??? and there’s too much??? which is like… the opposite of the first one. the first one is short and sweet

4 Likes

i love the rest music though

3 Likes

I played a bit of the third one, maybe 2 hours. It seemed fine!

I really liked the dungeons in 2; the focus and pace of variety and even the spooky vibes switching to toysets made me feel like an ant tunelling through the sewer system and into houses.

Multiplayer was pretty good, too! An odd little capture-the-flag mode, and the way Pikmin carry things and the 4 flags per player made for interesting feints.

2 added branded products, which was so unlike Nintendo I have to wonder how that came about.

2 Likes

I think Pikmin 2 just got the game balance all sorts of wrong. The original was sorta balanced between resource management in terms of the Pikmin, combat with various creatures, and trying to get at least something done before the end of the day combined with the tension of only having 30 days total. Each of those elements was more or less equally emphasized.

In Pikmin 2 the focus is put mainly on the combat, complete with full dungeons that more or less remove every other element just so that you can focus on said combat. The combat on its own isn’t that great! I wouldn’t play a game just for it, and Pikmin 2 is very close to just that. Combine that with the tension lost by no 30 day limit and all this excess crud that exists for no real reason (I think I got the credits to roll with probably less than half of the stuff done) and it’s just not good at all.

pikmin is terrible and I always feel super anxious when I play it. I always fear of running out of everything.

I mean you say that like it’s a bad thing

1 Like

Pikmin is a game where my anxiety is rewarded

2 Likes

i guess i hate borderlands. the first one in particular is utterly unplayable to me, just a procession of terrible shit layered on terrible shit trailing shit activities with shit gunfeel and the blandest, least compelling world i can think of offhand

the second one is more playable, but the tone and humor are even worse and unavoidable and jesus christ WHY do these fucking things exist

it’s so godawful. diablo was a mistake.

8 Likes

The first Borderlands had a bug on PS3 where it would pull an old version of your friends list, making online multiplayer impossible. Even after a patch, it still affected a small number of users. Guess who was one of the rare few to get that problem?

So I missed out on playing the first Borderlands in co-op, and didn’t have friends when I finally got around to Borderlands 2. Apparently the games are better in co-op but I’ll never know, it seems.

1 Like

they never really appealed to me, so i have literally never touched either BL1 or 2 solo. i knew a bunch of people who loved these games and dumped massive time into them. as a result, every time i’ve played, it was co-op.

still fucking trash games.

1 Like

Borderlands is compulsive depression gaming for me. I’ll let you decide if that’s good or bad.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t know what games in my life AREN’T compulsive depression games.

5 Likes

I feel blessed my cumpulsive depression game in college was Skyrim. That game is bad but never exploitative, you just keep playing until you don’t care anymore.
Wait wrong thread.

new compulsive depression game thread?

We already have a picross thread

6 Likes

I played though 2 with my Wife. It kinda ruled.

My depression game was Snatcher. Half the game was assembling the hardware. Eating Ramen for a while to afford 2 SegaCDs (one blew up), 3 Different kids of CDRs (only the finest will load) and a Justifier on my meager Applebees dish pit earnings was totally worth it. I regret everything, but not that. I almost cried when it was over.

Luckily EarthBound, hackily emulated on my DS Phat was there for me. Pumping sweet tunes into the Grados my Ex girlfriend bought me. Perfect for scrunching down under the covers.

2 Likes

I think I got Borderlands 2 as a ps+ game? And the robot makes 15 jokes about being annoying, because acknowledging that your character is annoying somehow makes it ok that this character is annoying, within the first 20 minutes? Then I opened a crate and there were 37 slightly different versions of the same gun inside? Then I died?

5 Likes

Welcome to borderlands!

1 Like

My favourite early Borderlands 2 mission was the one where I helped a dude stalk & make advances towards a woman who didn’t want him and then when she rejects all the stuff you brought to her on his behalf he tells you to kill her! But it’s okay because she’s a “psycho”!

HILARIOUS

1 Like