Games That I Hate And Everyone Tells Me I'm Wrong

Golden Sun rules

2 Likes

should this thread be called Game Gripes

the music owns in golden sun, but everything else is true

3 Likes

i’m currently giving the golden sun OST another chance.

so far, it’s… really really really held back by the GBA sound hardware

1 Like

i don’t hate it though. it’s not bad.

i didn’t even realize this game was sakuraba. i usually like his stuff, but this sound profile is really not doing the compositions any favors.

My favorite part of every Camelot game on GBA is the little squeaks characters make when they talk

1 Like

alright i take it back the music in golden sun is pretty damn good a lot of the time

3 Likes

I felt like the first Golden Sun was a nice breezy RPG, if a little long winded in the dialogue. It’s the sequel that was an insufferable slog. All that sailing through endless ocean with nonstop encounters with fish and bats.

I was almost going to pick up the DS game out of curiosity when I saw two copies of it in the local store, but when I went back a few days later, both were already gone :confused:

2 Likes

Mystic Quest >>> Golden Sun

2 Likes

Golden Sun 1 makes blandness an art tbh

it’s a better basic four elements save the world JRPG than ever existed in the first place, it’s like a callback that redefines its own history

plus it was soon enough after Shining Force 3 and all that (as with Mario Golf GBC) that it’s got very recognizable Camelot colour work

the systems are diverting without being demanding

I don’t think it’s incredibly worth playing or anything but no part of me dislikes it

3 Likes

That is pretty much the boring corporate take that personified Nintendo back then

1 Like

I’ve tried to play Golden Sun twice and it was a black hole of memory and time. I don’t remember anything about it.

2 Likes

just look up some songs and never play it

1 Like

One of my main memories of Golden Sun is that ridiculous bit where the tour guides realise they have a missing person in their group, and so spend ages recounting the heads and getting flustered. My brother got to that part and was like “fucking hell how long does this go for?” and then I think he died in the boat part and never played again

2 Likes

Yeah i’d consider Golden Sun OK if somewhat bland if anyone in its cast could shut the fuck up for a second. as it stands i mainly remember the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeendless dialogue sections where character models would wiggle and fart out little emoji bubbles and repeat one another’s sentences for minutes at a time

Also i remember the final boss was everyone in the party’s mom and dad fused into a big dragon, and that’s pretty buck wild huh

7 Likes

Pikmin 2 sucks

3 Likes

i’ll grant this if you agree pikmin 1 is pretty good actually

it’s one of my favorite games

3 Likes

I wish I had ever played it. Is the Wii version good?

Did you get to play the third Pikmin game? I’m looking forward to trying the co-op missions at some point. (This might be a good thing to bring to a SB meet-up one day, given that few people have the Wii U and even fewer have Pikmin 3.)

I just now realized that I had never seen exactly what happens when you lose the first game. It’s great.

One of the best things about the original Pikmin is that you can lose, I think. How many other games have that sort of tension? It’s quite different from the gimmicky type of “bad ending” found in other games that you don’t really see coming.

4 Likes