Game Vids You Watched Today

MutantXP really good Necro

2 Likes
2 Likes

11 Likes
1 Like

The Genesis Mini 2’s remake of Space Harrier 2 getting it closer technically to par with the orig arcade. Not a fan of the sprite flickering but I guess that’s understandable as it’s not emulating the arcade board, as they did for the Fantasy Zone 2 System-16 remake, but a sorta hypothetical alt history “what if we put this out instead” idealized/souped-up Genesis that they used to do the 3DS/Switch Sega Ages Gen ports

6 Likes

it’s a shame that that means there won’t be aliexpress bootleg carts of these like there is for mega drive darius, though
(hopefully star mobile and puyo puyo sun are possible)

3 Likes

wait why does it mean that

2 Likes

these versions of the games are for an imaginary version of the mega drive that’s slightly more powerful and has sprite scaling

6 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Gemini Wing playthrough on X68000 with Roland CM-64

• All the bombs behind the flight and fire position in order, a very unique design, you have to fire the right type in some special terrains
  • 06:38 the music of round-3 made a symphony style like 80s Japanese anime, and the beats step to tight in the end , then release the tense perfectly slip to the gothic style in round-4, masterpiece.
3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

SCARABAEUS (EU) / Invaders of the Lost Tomb (NA)

This person didn’t quite know how to play–or how to spell this Hungarian game’s European title–but it was the only not-talked-over video I could find of the game in music-off, breathing SFX mode, which is what people were into about the game back in the day apparently:

clip

Actual play-through in music mode freaked me out at first and only slightly less once I started to sort of grasp what was going on:

Box art: Dope Box art - #1084 by smbhax

6 Likes

9 Likes