Game Vids You Watched Today

The screen is small so he can show you other screens, and to increase the hangout vibe, it is just so essential

When he calls Fire & Forget II a “pile of poo”…that was only the second time I’ve heard him trash a game.

The first was Omikron: The Nomad Soul

4 Likes

When he shares why he bought a Master System…!! Five stars!!

1 Like

1979: Toru Iwatani and Namco’s first designed games were Breakout / video pinball hybrids, Gee Bee and Cutie Q

They did a Gee Bee sequel, Bomb Bee

Prior to this, they were an amusement company and game distributor, primarily for Atari, whose disastrous Atari Japan division they had purchased in the mid-70s.

1 Like
2 Likes
5 Likes

Super Chase: Criminal Termination (Taito, 1992)

R-Type Final (Irem, 2004)

(end music replaced by Japanese version’s track)

3 Likes

Aaahahahaha this rules

this is the kind of youtube rec clickbait im clicking enthusiastically

6 Likes

he is a very big time farmer, here in the 50’s

5 Likes

Altered Beasts

4 Likes
9 Likes

somehow have no recollection of a GBA sequel to Altered Beast ever having been a thing. maybe i ignored it/assumed it would have been bad?

this looks like…a competent sequel to Altered Beast! weird. the fact that the game takes over an hour to beat is concerning, though

5 Likes

My take on Altered Beast GBA being a revelation is how the sprites have a plasticine/claymation quality that in hindsight was pretty common for the handheld

5 Likes

Dyna Gear (Scarab, 1993)
“An Action Adventure On The Era Of Dinosaur”

Color strobe hit FX is awful but dang I like this insane running & whomping action.

Scarab founder Tsutomu Fujisawa (source: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/dyna-gear/ ) had made Vandyke at UPL, a VERTICAL runner & whomper which I would definitely be playing on Arcade Archives if not for its white flash hit FX.

3 Likes

Veronica showed me this amazing games dialogue a few days ago and its canon now

I can’t fucking figure out how to time stamp on my phone so skip to like 11 minutes. it’s fantastic

1 Like

The Finns do rock, sometimes

1 Like

The Dig Dug Dance - Chubby Checker

Was not the version used in the ad shown in theaters, and the recording was lost until the son of an Atari VP of marketing dug up an old cassette copy his dad had brought home once ( Chubby Checker sings about Dig Dug on unearthed 1980s cassette - Polygon ).

6 Likes

Planet Harriers

1 Like
2 Likes