Food you created by cooking: Meals

10 Likes

10 Likes

I tried to make a round pizza

23 Likes

This just instantly zapped into my brain a sense memory of: freshman and sophomore years I had a campus job at our “coffeeshop”, which was the only place you could get food other than the cafeteria and was more like a mini dirty spoon diner type place, and I was… a short-order cook? Never cooked anything in my life but I grilled up cheesesteaks and burgers and stuff. Anyway one of the things I learned to do was toss pizza dough, I was pretty good at it. Don’t think I could do that any more…

8 Likes

i’m mostly kitchen hand these days as opposed to chef but i did shape and bake some naan last night

15 Likes

!!!

1 Like

but that’s input not output right? he didn’t make the virgils

5 Likes

all food is both input and output at some point

14 Likes

Outpoot

2 Likes

made this recipe: Vegetable pancake (Yachaejeon) recipe by Maangchi

i didn’t use very much oil though so it’s not as crispy as it could be. i also didn’t make the sauce so i put five spice in there instead. it was pretty good!

7 Likes

“Not enough oil” is not a problem I have in my cooking

1 Like

i’m trying to cut back for various reasons, but usually it’s not a problem i have either lol

2 Likes

No yeah it’s definitely one of those things where it’s better to err on the side of caution. I just uh… don’t.

1 Like

No clue why, but my grandma always asks me to make fish tacos when I can visit. She lives in San Diego where the fish tacos are better than I could ever make but the grams gets what the grams wants.

Black cod, pico, white sauce, pickled red onions, slaw

14 Likes

Oatmeal with medium boiled eggs. Underneath is some chopped rainbow chard and cheddar cheese. Alicia added the sriracha face herself

12 Likes

reading about people visiting the Bay Area made me nostalgic for the good food, sardine báhn mì from Muffins Muffins

the kitchen shop had julienne peelers on sale, made sweet pickled carrot + red onion + radish & vegan Brussels pâté (walnuts + green lentils)

bread situation here is dire, crusty blonde baguettes as far as the eye can see

14 Likes

:pizza: the Mackenzie is a pizza pie consisting of pepperoni, pineapple and pickled jalapenos. the Mackenzie Advanced :pizza: :bangbang: adds black/green olives and feta/blue cheese crumbles. Make sure you call it the Mackenzie when you order it at the pizza parlor, or when you cook it up at home for you amore!! Molto bene!!!

i work at a restaurant and thats usually what i get for pizza dinner

They make a mean taco pizza too. the secret is crushed Doritos

10 Likes

Smoked some sausages. Never tried them that way. Turned out good!

3 Likes

I made proper omelettes yesterday for the first time. Usually I just wind up with kind of scrambled eggs with stuff in them, but this time I did the nice little fold and everything.

Slightly overdone/dry, gonna have to work on that. I put mushrooms and green bell pepper in it. Maybe could have used some shredded cheese

6 Likes

I bought some “Beer Brats” from the store. Should I still boil these in beer, or just boil them?

2 Likes