Food you created by cooking: Meals

I pretty much only griddle sausages. Sometimes I slice into coins first. Gives you a chance to get some grilled onions going in the same cook.

2 Likes

Related:

2 Likes

broiled a yellowtail collar last night that had been sitting in the freezer for awhile. time was this would be a typical izakaya order for yours truly that for whatever reason is impossible to come by in restaurants here. they’re just sushi this sushi that. come on! mix it up a little!!!

anyway, i was almost insulted by how easy this is, once i figured out how to work the broiler on the oven you just put the thing in there for 8-9 minutes and it just comes out perfect… throw some ponzu/soy sauce/lemon on that little freak and just go to town. wow. it was ridiculously expensive but i guess worth it for a special treat. i’m worth it…

9 Likes

I always order hamachi kama in any restaurant I go to that has it. Perfect little ritual of ripping delicious fish apart with your hands.

5 Likes

we made a really delicious korean hawaiian pizza today and i’m still thinking about the roasted pineapple marinated in gochujang

par-cooked the bacon in the microwave for a couple minutes before crisping it on the pizza, surprisingly good outcome

8 Likes

I’ve been working a lot less because of school and eating way too much fast food, so I bought a lotta beans in an effort to not eat like trash and save money. I did splurge on the nice beans and made sure I got some good olive oil because I still want them to taste good! Tonight is pasta e cici with these baby garbanzos, topped with stracciatella and roasted broccolini. I forgot to soak the beans which is why I’m posting this instead of eating. Hope it’s good, I’m very hungry.

14 Likes

No, you tied a bay leaf to a piece of cooking twine for chili because you’re paranoid about not finding it and then you or someone else chokes to death on it

that was you

12 Likes

hmm maybe i’ll do that next time i slow cook bone-in meat

that’s a bouquet garni baby

sometimes i’ll put it in a tea sachet if i don’t have twine

4 Likes

i made mushroom and onion quesadillas for dinner. here is one of them

12 Likes

sriracha mushroom and spinach oatmeal with a fried egg

15 Likes

I guess I’m a part of the air fryer cult now, I made some air fried chicken thighs the other night that were amazing and it was very easy

3 Likes

veggie dumpling soup

10 Likes

I found a consumer meat slicer at a thrift store.

9 Likes

Whats the white stuff?

1 Like

7 Likes

I’m glad I asked!

1 Like

It’s the best cheese I have ever eaten, and I used to do cheese reviews for a cheese blog. They have it at Costco sometimes. Transcendent.

3 Likes

Marinated feta is certainly underutilized. You could even marinate it yourself and get something great out of it.

2 Likes

AU SWEEP

1 Like