food, glorious food (and drink)

so now that i have a working oven & stove again i’m finally gonna roast that hog slab

i have not been this excited about anything for all of 2019, it’s a glorious weekend. maybe i’ll post pics

random thought but weird how a cooking thread could potentially belong in both the input and the output forums. that’s pretty unique right.

1 Like

CREATE
CONSUME
EXPEL

1 Like

100% means pure cacao liquor i think yeah. so just roasted mashed nibs

If google is to be believed then my favorite sushi restaurant is gone.
Glad I got to go to Koyoshi while it still existed.

Potato chips in a sandwich is like french fries in a sandwich: wrong. They’re finger foods. Sandwiches are hand foods. What, you think fingers go in hands? Hands go in hands. Go enhance yourself.

2 Likes

Good fries on a pastrami sandwich are perfect.

1 Like

5 Likes

Yet pastrami fries on a perfect sandwich are merely good. The world’s a scary place.

edit: I’m just joshin, fries are great anywhere. All food is love

1 Like

so the huge and complicated meal i was planning to celebrate having a working stove/oven again was great, but was also interrupted constantly by our kitchen sink backing up with water from our upstairs neighbors and our apartment manager frantically trying to like pour drano down it and use those weird compressed air can things

now we can’t use our kitchen sink at all and have to catch water in a bucket and pour it down the tub

im afraid our kitchen is going to flood while im at work today

the food was good though

3 Likes

hard to argue with :point_right::raised_hand::point_left:

what fries?

life is not a state fair respect your body

i am six weeks or so into experimenting with homebrewing. current progress: kinda farty and won’t self carbonate hope i don’t get botulism

Desire and lust should not be celebrated

4 Likes

Life is a state fair. Enjoy your body. Desire and lust should be celebrated.

Those pastrami fries look fantastic.

4 Likes

i confess to eating three corn dogs this week

1 Like

funnel cakes > corn dogs

1 Like

The best corn dog is better than the best funnel cake, but good corn dogs are rare while good funnel cake is common

So in general, yeah, the funnel cake is the safer bet

But every once in a while you get this divine corn dog and it is just the perfect amount of salty crunchy sweet savory

The worst/best corn dogs are those Korean ones that are covered in fries and you know them shits are at least 2500 calories.

3 Likes

i have been scrupulously avoiding those very bastards for two weeks go me

No, you gotta do one to yourself just once. Just make it happen.

i shouldve done it last night when i was super blotto
instead i somehow ended up half eating a shitty gyudon at yoshinoya, scrub tier

1 Like

The stand I got that from seemed to be the one that stayed open late just for the blotto crowd and it was perfect for that.