F██kin’ YO! NOID

Are you ready to stop avoiding the Noid and become the Noid?

A google drive link to the US rom:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10355pvdZZSL5DhrZvE4wnYJg-I9ZaRUq/view?usp=sharing

The rules are kind of loose on this one. I just want to see your highest scores. If you want to restrict yourself to a single life or something like that if it makes it more interesting for you then that’s fine too. It’s a difficult game but once you get used to the mechanics it’s actually pretty fun.

Often between stages you have to win a pizza eating contest before it will let you play the next stage. Because learning the mechanics of how to win and dominate the pizza eating contests are key to getting high enough scores to get the extra lives and continues you need to actually finish the game I’m linking a guide to winning the pizza eating contests between stages.

Good Luck!

14 Likes

“F██kin’ Yo” is one hell of a way to say hello.

7 Likes

i was always mystified by this game where the pizza mascot collects scrolls with arcane symbols on them. very mysterious vibes.

12 Likes

Yo! Noid was the most ineffable title in ROMsets when i was a teen

4 Likes

Yo! Noid was the most ineffable box on the wall at Dave’s Video when i was a 8 year old

3 Likes

Alright I have to give everyone a goal to shoot for so here is my current high score.

This is from stage 3 just after I died on my last life. I dominated the first pizza eating contest and did not give the opposing Noid a chance to eat any pizzas. If you continue it resets your score so only continue if you just want to practice and build your skill up.

One of the things I love about this game is that every level has some new hook or gimmick to it. The first level is just a regular platforming level with you, the Noid, and his yo-yo just at the docks avoiding fish and fishermen. The second level is an ice skating rink with slippery floors and platforms that melt if you stand on them too long. The third stage is a skate park and you play the level on a skateboard. There’s another level later on where you’re on a pogo stick. I think there are like 20+ stages and it just keep going.

2 Likes

I got to stage 2 and realized it was an ice level then turned the game off

What is the deal with those pizza contests though

3 Likes

As far as I know (being able to get like 8 or 9 stages into the game) stage 2 is the only ice level. If you can get past that you’re golden.

1 Like

i will give it another shot! the scroll gimmick is just so weird

are those powers ever actually necessary?

In the later levels when you’re just trying to survive to see the next level for sure they can come in handy. I used a couple even in the second stage when they introduce enemies that shoot projectiles at you that, while not difficult to dodge, are a pain to dodge and hit enough times to kill them.

17,620 is my best so far. 2nd level baddie got me good by not going down in one hit.

1 Like

March 18, 2021

USER HI-SCORE
Mr_Mechanical 39520
DaleNixon 17620

I procrastinated too much with the last game, so I’m simplifying my process. Hopefully, I can jump into the game today and put my name up on the board.

2 Likes

Work is insane right now or I’d put some more time in. I will definitely beat that HS I posted soon enough!

USER HI-SCORE
Mr_Mechanical 39520
MintyJuffowup 27070
DaleNixon 17620

I bet I can eat more pizza than any of you!

3 Likes

Those icy moving platforms ended my run.

Yo! Noid (U) !_003_2x

Also, is there somewhere I can register a complaint about the first level? I clearly was not touching the water half the time when the game claimed I was.

4 Likes

3/29/2021

USER HI-SCORE
Mr_Mechanical 39520
MintyJuffowup 27070
wourme 25280
DaleNixon 17620

I seriously want to give this one more shot and topple @Mr_Mechanical from his cheese-oiled throne.

2 Likes

You all know the story of what happened to the Noid, right?

2 Likes

I don’t! Should I…want to? Will I regret it?

Totally denied by Dominos and the ad company as the reason why the ads went away, buuuut.

6 Likes

i was just doing some noid research last night and found this for the first time too, what a coincidence