Every Extend Extra! Extra! (News Thread)

All of you non-ffxiv players are going to be ashamed of your words and deeds on 16

9 Likes

i ain’t buying a ps5!!!

7 Likes

When I finish all the games I’ll settle in and play XIV

2 Likes

I think the only reason FFXVI’s development seems troubled is because unlike everyone else at Squeenix Yoshi P communicates what’s actually going on with development, so instead of mysterious quiet delays he’ll be like “oh yeah this is taking more time than we thought”.

8 Likes

ahhhh i hope ishikawa is lead writer for this one so you can all (that are too foolish to play ffxiv) FINALLY UNDERSTAND how good she is

4 Likes
3 Likes

You can’t?

6 Likes

Super Meat Boy meets Ninja Gaiden?

1 Like

Kind of, after watched more playthrough videos, feel like it’s a little rough now

2 Likes

It’s got that 2000s Flash game vibe with the altered NES sprites. Not sure if that’s a dig or a clever acknowledgment of double layers of nostalgia.

3 Likes

yeah I was gonna say, the super high res NES style sprites combined with the forced isometric depth effect just makes me think of… emo game:

honestly, I wish I never had to think about emo game

12 Likes

same, yet here I am thinking about emo game for the first time since 2005

kind of incredible considering all I remember is a dunk on very emergency

2 Likes

it kind of strikes me as what an Amiga game looks like to someone who never owned or played an Amiga (me, i am this person). or like a DOS version of a major console-franchise game

4 Likes

It’s on steam!

…it’s $20.

9 Likes

Trek to Yomi is out and I watched the trailer. When I think Kurosawa I think Zombies and floating platform nether spaces. I think ridiculously evil villains unlike the basic humanity in everyone. I think about one man just killing for revenge.

I’d probably hate play it but watching the trailer they went overboard with every sword swipe sounding like someone punching a watermelon with a fist full of oatmeal. I thankfully don’t know the sound of a katana slamming into human flesh. Maybe it sounds like throwing a pound of hamburger meat at a wet phone book. Maybe it sounds like potato salad mixed with a Coke and just stirring it for audio pleasure.

Misophonia sufferers beware.

6 Likes

I looked up Emo Game because I never heard of it and it turns out ignorance is bliss

10 Likes
6 Likes

Well that website is loading slowly.

1 Like

New.