E3

I can’t think of a better way to watch a massive capitalist trade show than with fast forward

1 Like

I’m pretty happy about New B.J. I just wish I didn’t have to sit through three minutes of supposedly aspirational people looking dramatic while sitting at computers or walking in unison in matching uniforms.

Back in my day nerds weren’t into sports and watching other people play video games was something you only suffered through in the spirit of sharing single player games with your friends! Kids!

2 Likes

Ever since esports the word “sports” doesn’t even mean anything to me anymore

1 Like

Bowling got the ball rolling on that.

5 Likes

:shuffle:

2 Likes

okay, but the new Quake isn’t about shootin’ Strogg or random monsters, it’s about shooting people in closed maps, an extension of the Q3A/Quake Live brand. nowadays, no MP title can be made without alluding to esports and I think that trailer was pretty restrained in going back to that. it’s just saying “hey guys, Quake was a dumb comp game before everything else and also it had its minor celebrities and now we’re bringing the next bit of that nonsense”

also it was cool and weird seeing Fatality, Thresh and Killcreek 20 years after Quake was The Thing

(but not as weird as the Odyssey trailer)

1 Like

quake as a brand has always been conflicted and they just kind of threw whatever they were making under the quake brand at the time because everyone knew it and it was good marketing to do so

it’s not like any of the games have anything to do with each other and the one people recognize the most after all this time is still the competitive multiplayer brand

2 Likes

I don’t understand why we even need to make a distinction

I mean if we’re getting technical, there is a Quake “brand” to the lore since 2, 4 and Wars deal with the EDF/Strogg conflict

also I’m agreeing with you? patterning Champions after Q3A and QL was pretty deliberate

I have lived long enough to see Nintendo let Microsoft use Xbox Live logins on a Nintendo system

1 Like

it’s not truly quake unless i have the axe okay

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

The heck is this bowling slander

1 Like

Mainly posting this because of the cool sand art stuff at the beginning.

wat

Personally, all I could think about during the Spider-Man presentation is that everything that goes on in that trailer is a good reason to not have Spider-Men in the first place. Spides puts a lot of innocent people in danger where police could have negotiated a release, then he covers everyone in webs that haven’t been submitted to the EPA to see if they cause cancer, and finally Spider-Man destroys half of downtown (and almost assuredly killing a few people) by trying to stop a helicopter, which couldn’t have fucking gone anywhere in the first place because there’s probably a plan to track aircraft in New York’s skyline.

Now, you might ask me, why doesn’t this bother me with other games? There’s the difference. Samus is a bounty hunter. She knows she is going to cause something to blow up, and both her and the player accept that. But Spider-Man’s not on some black op, he’s supposed to handle cases cops can’t. Nothing in the trailer suggests the need for Jizzing Webs All Over The Big Apple.

1 Like

Giant eyeballs, non-flying winged demons, and cyborgs are space monsters.

I know my Q3.

demons are not space monsters, it’s literally in their name

They immigrated.

1 Like

Immigrating to another dimension does not make me a monster of that dimension

5 Likes