E3

Evil communism is all grey jumpsuits, grey shirts, grey pants. Uh, taking your property forcefully for daring to grow tomatoes or something or collect rainwater

wow it’s almost like evil dystopic communism has a lot of things in common with real world capitalism!!

also a lot of the famous dystopian novels were written in times you couldn’t just throw a criticism out about capitalism or the western government it’s only decades of college freshman later that we’ve gone “huh…maybe some of these aren’t about communism at all, actually.”

Sign me up for the heather grey sweatpants utopia

Fashion is for the bourgeoisie

2 Likes

I don’t know if there’s really 1 to 1 correspondence there. I mean F451 and Brave New World are pretty openly about people being lulled into complacence with entertainment, the critiques of contemporary western culture are pretty overt, but at the same time I don’t think the anti-communist elements of those and other books are just lip service either. I think in all cases the overall fear tends to be more about loosing “individuality” regardless of whatever the forces taking it away are, which is something I have mixed feelings about I guess. Individuality is kind of overrated.

I’m all about individuality if it’s my individuality being represented because I’m the best and I smell the best

1 Like

everyone looks good in heather grey

1 Like

All the women I’ve ever met think that they, as well as men, look terrible in grey. I disagreed but it never got me a girlfriend in grey pants. Grey pants make your ass look bigger and I like that but women don’t, I don’t get it

Anyway.

Who won E3? It wasn’t us, was it

3 Likes

Truly an egaliatarian nightmare world

4 Likes

maybe if everyone’s got a big ass you can finally relax about it?

2 Likes

When everyone has a big ass, no one will!

Nah, a rising ass-tide raises all boats.

6 Likes

I won e3 with the criticism that spider-man looks like the ultimate focus tested game meant for every person on the planet to be able to complete every possible bit of because that’s who people make games for now

I watched every conference except the Devolver one because I didn’t know it existed and I feel like I’ve lost E3 as a result

But you’re watching it, like, now right? :doomdie:

Right now I’m watching TotalBiscuit’s Supercut of the Sony conference and after that, yes, I’m watching it :smiley:

1 Like

I think the biggest shocks for me were how much that new Mario game looks like Sonic 2006 done a little bit better but still drab and dreary and sad, and Mario x Rabbids being Xcom. Have to admit I’d play Mario Xcom, though

Nice try, no one on SB is that fucked up

6 Likes

It has always been my official mission to drag down the community ever further. Blame toups

2 Likes

The only part of this whole mess that I watched was the Quake “trailer.” So are they trying to seem more adult by marketing it as an E-Sports activity rather than a game about space monsters shooting each other? Because I can’t think of anything more immature than buying a video game because it was marketed as a means to fame and fortune.

1 Like

Maybe that’s just the way to go nowadays, with millions of people watching pro players on twitch. Maybe that’s the Secret To Success for multiplayer shooters?

B. J. in Quake though, dual wielding, whatchoo say about that?

1 Like