E3

what’s good this year?

I hope they do another wolfenstein that’s closer to nu-doom than metro 2033; I’m kind of burnt out on stealth-leaning shooters and I think machinegames can actually do justice to id’s work

looking forward to hearing what from have been up to as well

NEW

DONK

CITY

11 Likes

Are we thinking we might see something from Atlus’s HD Shin Megami Tensei project? Or are we going to have to wait till Fall for Tokyo Game Show? Or are we going to have to wait until 2021?

isn’t assassins creed coming back?
After this year I assume next year will be less than a banner year for games as these things ebb and flow.

that new vanillaware game is apparently gonna be there?

2 Likes

I don’t care about any of the games, but the stupidity of the show draws me in every year :dongdance:

3 Likes

E3 again, huh …

• Ace Combat 7 shifted to 2018
  • where did that detroit/sony “game” (a.k.a interactive movie) go? expect to hear sth from this itt
  • FROM x Armored Core … maybe? pretty please?
  • Project Cars 2
  • the weirdo Sony title you didn’t know/saw coming but you absolutely want to have initially, won’t get on release, pick up a year later or so, discover that it’s awesome but lacking in one essential area, rue the missed opportunity of drumming up hype, forget about it until unexplicably a second one is released, rinse&repeat in 2020
  • … that’s it, i guess?

WHERE’S DEEP DOWN, SONY

5 Likes

Hopefully a whole lot of Switch games

My hype levels are very low this year

the only thing i really want in life is monster hunter switch and i can’t see that being announced here

but please christ

Cyberpunk 2077 should be far along enough to show something

I’m playing Dark Souls 3 and the wiki has an annoying pop up constantly insisting Bloodborne 2 will be there: http://fextralife.com/5-reasons-bloodborne-2-will-be-at-e3-2017/

That Media Molecule game about sculpting puppets and then playing with them is probably coming out for PS VR.

A proper Star Wars game must be in the works somewhere, right? (edit: whoa, turns out Amy Henning, Kim Swift and Jade Raymond are indeed doing that)

In terms of big indies I’d like to see Wattam and whatever thatgamecompany has been working on since Journey

I mean, that " Play as the bad guys " Battlefront sequel seems pretty legit. I’m way more interested in it than I was in its predecessor.

Respawn also has a Star Wars game in development.

I hope the next game with light sabers lets me cut what I will at will like MGR.

Death Stranding might be shown live by now.

Nintendo might have something to show for a dormant franchise. It’s really hard to believe Other M was seven years ago.

Microsoft might fix Master Chief Collection for Halo 3’s tenth anniversary and port it to Windows, right? Right?

i’d be very enthused about another wolfenstein, windows mcc and smt5
there have been so many games this year i’m starting to get a bit fatigued mind

I just learned that the NEW DONK CITY level actually takes place on the rooftop of a giant skyscraper that is but one amidst a sea of other gigantic skyscrapers

I hope this is not the only thing Super Mario’s Oddysee has in common with Judge Dredd

8 Likes

E3 will finally be laid to rest this year as all companies move to quarterly pressers (except for Nintendo) and random livestreams. the only thing of value lost will be the glory that is Kentia Hall.

Maybe I played New Order oddly, but on Death Incarnate, I basically had to play it like nu-doom since the enemies aggressively flanked and did large amounts of damage. Dual-wielding for suppressive fire, power-slides to close gaps, and general grenade mayhem were the main tactics I employed to stay alive. Admittedly, I entered each skirmish stealthily, picking off one or two enemies to get into position, but aside from a few select setpieces, prolonged stealth was not a valid option. The fluid transition between stealth and carnage was pretty interesting. That’s not to say that the next Wolfenstein should ignore nu-DooM – I think there’s a lot to adopt there – but I think it may be more a matter of tweaks than completely re-thinking the combat.

I should try it on a harder difficulty, I guess. I found the stealth to be kind of a nuisance when I played the first couple levels: not ignorable, but not really fun

There’s a missed opportunity if punching nazis doesn’t invigorate BJ.

2 Likes