E3

Shub built a slipgate and made earth pay for it.

5 Likes

The first Disgaea establishes the Netherworld as being connected to space. Travel there is not easy, but a conventional FTL spacefleet is able to chart a course to the Netherworld once another starship pointed the way. Most travel to (and inside) the Netherworld is through gates, and travel to Earth and back is also usually through gates or your regular transmigration of souls, but ever since I played the first Disgaea I realized I cannot discount the possibility that Heaven and Earth, in this universe or another, might be physically linked at some distance, because anything else would be an assumption, and assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

2 Likes

because Disgaea is Quake

1 Like

I lied earlier. I might actually be able to play this again.

1 Like

Well, I mean, there’s the general principle. Hell doesn’t have to be a different plane just because there was magic bridging the two points.

1 Like

so there’s no english announcement and nobody but @botagel is gonna know what i’m talking about here

the dungeon crawler N1 released for the vita a bit ago is getting a ps4 port and i highly suspect that’s why we haven’t seen an english loc yet

edit: oh right

if you had told me that Nintendo would have some of the hypest competition/esports/whatever the fuck demonstrations/tournaments of E3 last year, I would have laughed in your face

Splatoon 2 has a fucking legit observer mode! ARMS can be actually hype and also the producer is fucking bananas at it! Pokken Tournament is still a thing I guess!

I like the 2005 version better…

It’s weird how much less moody the visuals are without the muddiness to them.

3 Likes

OH HI MARK

This seems like a giant waste of time

The PS3 updo was wholly suitable

One could even say, a colossal waste of time

rimshot

3 Likes

On a crt the game still looks just fine. But on a flatscreen it doesn’t really hold up. The 1080p version still looks good though with higher resolutions available now it’s starting to look less good.

Plus this new version has updated texture work, not just a bump in resolution like the PS3 version. The game world looks a lot better with all that added vegetation.

Re SotC remake

What else are SotC fans gonna spend their money on?

1 Like

They could buy me a PS4 and Last Guardian, which is still wallowing in the middle of my to-do list

Spread the cult

2 Likes

It is only now Toll that I finally realize you would be the guy who’d make the Ghostbusters turn off the ghost trap for violating energy codes.

3 Likes

Haha, I had a feeling this was their plan from the start. Kinda surprised it took this long. Now I’m expecting a Switch port as well, given how well Disgaea 5 apparently sold on that platform.

Swinging is physics-based and Manhattan is six times bigger than Sunset Overdrive and completely explorable from the start.

hrrrrrrrrrm

I wasn’t thinking of it in terms of “sunset overdrive successor” but I guess that’s the first thing that’s gotten me a bit excited about it

still seems too produced for my tastes but I do like that everyone cares so much about traversal now

That website loves using lists of sevens.

First real possible GOTY contender here.

2 Likes