DooM

The whole physics gun stuff was such a mistake. It fits into, say, Portal but I don’t want that in my half-life. Well, it’s not been my half-life in forever so

The gravity gun rules I’m very sorry for you to be so wrong

4 Likes

The day I was supposed to be given a full on boner-fied showcase of Half-Life 2 by a megafan friend, we drank watched tons of music videos and the live action Casshern movie.

For years I associated HL2 with the cooler parts of that weekend instead of what I played much later via The Orange Box. I still do actually

1 Like

I pretty much dislike indirect means of violence. I need straight bullets to reach out and touch things. A direct means of violence. Picking up a trash can and chucking it at someone does nothing for me.

That’s also why it’s a bit difficult to get into Hard Reset for me right now. Because you have to use the environment so much to defeat enemies instead of shooting them directly

Casshern was so hype. The movie itself was pretty good but the hype I felt after watching the trailer was hard to beat

Yeah I don’t remember it being particularly good other than, like you said visually hype. A lot of early cg set madness.

I somehow remember it being Shakespearian in some way and I liked that a lot. Was it the dialog, the plot? That stuck more with me than the visuals in the end. I should rewatch it some day

1 Like

At the time I didn’t gather the story very well, hahaha. Just bits of the drama and a lot of the action. I do remember the main city backdrop and aesthetic…like FFXV’s Insomnia, hyper gothic art deco, blended into futurist Tokyo or other metropolises. I’d watch it again, fosho

1 Like

Man, why y’all doing this to me?

4 Likes

I can hear your chains crack already. Not much longer until the booji is released…

2 Likes

I have Half-life thoughts but I’m at work so I can’t write them all out. We should do a Half-life thread! It’s been a while.

Color me intrigued.

3 Likes

I propose the half-life thread should be called Full Life Consequences but I don’t have enough time this morning to make one with the first post it deserves.

1 Like

the biggest problem may be marshalling the energy to have this discussion again; I love Half-Life 2 and would love to defend it but I’m at a loss for new things to say as this ground is so well-trod

3 Likes

where’s shogo motherfu

4 Likes

ive been watching this thread for two days waiting to obnoxiously split it…

Chainsaw it

And then gravity gun it

1 Like

Oh no.

2 Likes

jesus christ



3 Likes

“Half-life SUCKS… or does it?”

2 Likes