DooM

I just wanted to update you on SIGIL. There were a few snags in production trying to make sure everything is top-notch for fans! I just wanted to let everyone who purchased either the Big Box or the Beast Box know that it is now looking like it will ship sometime in April. Thank you for your patience, and I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. This also means the free version of SIGIL will have to wait until after the boxes are in the hands of customers.

Romerooooooo!

But y’know what if it had come out in February it would have serious competition for my Doom Time because Eviternity is fantastic.

Release it at Easter, IMHO.

3D Realms, creators of Duke Nukem 3D, Prey, and Max Payne, 1C Entertainment and KillPixel, presents a hard-core first person shooter, powered by the legendary Quake-1 Tech. Crafted by the hands of Quake-scene necromancers, WRATH is the real deal. You will not survive…

You are Outlander. Once adrift upon the Ageless Sea, you now find yourself on the shores of a dying world. From the consuming darkness emerges a figure cloaked in white, the Shepherd of Wayward Souls, who burdens you with the task of hunting down the remaining Guardians of the Old World. You must journey into the vast gloom to explore ancient ruins, discover forgotten secrets and battle the horrors that lurk within.

http://www.wrath.game/

It’ll be worth it just for the level design. Play Skacky’s Quake levels if you haven’t already.

Is this it… is this the first one of these old school FPS revivals that I’ll actually care about??

Play Arcane Dimensions, same folks.

oh no

I care less now

Arcane Dimensions is just too sprawling and self indulgent. what made quake mapping so rewarding was how it pushed against fairly solid boundaries but with more complicated geometry than could be accomplished in doom.

what’s the best source port these days?

I dunno, they’re all DooM.

Although I did get screwed on GZDoom + an AMD driver update making all the sprites disappear in the OpenGL renderer, which turned out to be a combination of a weird tech choice (user defined clip planes for clipping reflections on all sprites but configured off) and a driver bug (discarding shader uniforms that are only used for calculating user defined clip planes)

That’s just genius! I want to play that

so every game made between about 2005 and 2013, then?

Final Fantasy XIII