DooM

The physical copies of Sigil are almost ready; the Buckethead soundtrack is up on bandcamp

5 Likes

Ain’t gonna lie, that’s a cool song

1 Like

Yeah Buckethead rules. Check him out more if you haven’t already.

He made an album with Les Claypool.

And he’s just cool in general.

2 Likes

I ignored him early on in his career because I didn’t like his ultra technical style. Then I heard some things that made me warm up to him. Then he was in GnR and I loved his work. So now I say, yeah, he rules. Also, he knows how to handle nunchucks and I always liked that

2 Likes

there has to be a better way to get a vaguely CRTesque experience than this, but this doesn’t look half bad.

5 Likes

ChexQuest 3 gets an official rerelease.

https://www.chexmix.com/chexquest/

5 Likes

https://www.romerogames.ie/si6il

3 Likes

Okay it’s really good.

Can anyone hit me up with the WAD? I actually bought the small boxed version from Limited Run but for some reason I have to wait until my box arrives because they don’t bother sending out a digital copy of it.

1 Like

3 Likes

good for them, now sell mirror drop too

I played all of Q2 back in the day of course but all in all I think it’s one of id’s most boring single player experiences. Half-Life did the same thing way better.

5 Likes

Chaos Q2 was rad. The Edge and the Factory were some great multiplayer maps. Plugin player models were way too much fun. The Strogg, the reheated Doom guns, and the general sci-fi vibe were some major major yawns in the wake of Q1. The jello jiggler deforming weapon models are abominations.

1 Like

it does seem like id’s red headed stepchild in hindsight, it was their only 90s sequel that was slower than its predecessor, but there are a lot of people (like myself) who carry a torch for it and I think a lot of that has to do with the graphics and the release timing

if it were an N64 game there would be a lot of takes about how preferring it is objectively wrong but instead it’s quake 2 so hey whatever

it’s got such piddly ass guns and I thought it was ugly looking even in it’s day

1 Like

Action Quake 2 was one of the best mods ever

1 Like

I actually prefer the N64 version which is mostly a different game to the original PC version lolz. I wonder if anyone has ported that version to PC like they did with Doom 64.

Also, Sigil is very good