DooM

3 Likes
1 Like

Yo we have a thread
:stampstampstamp:

1 Like
4 Likes

Still canā€™t believe this actually looks good.

3 Likes

omg please recreate all standard emojis as doomguys

2 Likes

i would emojā€™ all the time

https://twitter.com/FEFF2800/status/902307581640802304

7 Likes

(src)

3 Likes

1 Like

At 8 hours 17 minutes this extended version is quite an earful! Includes 8 all new bonus tracks performed in exactly the same style and technique as the original N64 tracks. I have created all new versions of the Main Theme, Finale and Stats Screen music and every level track has been drastically extended and enhanced with new samples as well. This was a major undertaking and it was a thrill to revisit one of the most iconic soundtracks in my career. Sit back, relax and take a trip into a dark and disturbed corner of my imagination.

5 Likes

So this just was released. Iā€™ve played through stage 3 so far and itā€™s kind of neat, and makes good use of verticality that GZDoom allows but falls flat in various ways as one might expect in attempting to stay somewhat true to 2d platform roots in an FPS. Though probably the most constant annoyance is you have no decent way to gauge your whipā€™s range.

3 Likes

I have the CD that song is from, lol.

This looks fucking sweet.

Dracula Battle albums are good shit, mā€™dude.

Final verdict on the CV TC having cleared remains at ā€œitā€™s pretty neatā€. Following up on my earlier thoughts the main issue I find is the level design just isnā€™t much to speak of FPS wise, but the actual environments often look nice. Axe Knights are absolute bastards to fight straight on, flea men are even more annoying given 3d space to hop around in, and this may be the first CV thing ever where you may really find yourself wanting the dagger for a subweapon at times, the speed and range makes them pretty damned handy when youā€™ve got some skeletons chucking bones at you from an elevated platform.

Boss fights can vary heavily, like medusa was way nastier than the mummies, and difficulty can vary heavily depending on what subweapon you bring, but that part is true of CV in general. Dracula fight was probably the best one though, if probably one of the easier ones, at least with the cross. And speaking of subweapons itā€™s is kind of annoying they didnā€™t stick with one of the solutions CV games have long had for avoiding getting stuck with something you donā€™t want, either by having a specific candle type signifying weapon drops or just having you drop your current one when you get a new one so you can pick it back up.

EDIT: So apparently they do differentiate weapon candles by making them more orange colored but only at the first two skill levels, upper two donā€™t and my run was on UV equivalent.

1 Like

This just happened while I was playing hexen in zdoom with symphony of the night in my CD drive.

6 Likes

Yeah having actually played it some now (I did not clear it) I didnā€™t actually like it that much. Grinding candles for hearts is a lot less amusing in 3D when you are pressing your face up against the wall. The whip had a shorter range than it seemed like it should and the hitting area (in the center of the screen) is smaller than you think it is, meaning itā€™s really hard to hit monsters that are flapping around. It just didnā€™t feel very good to play.

Very pretty, though.

i made it up to the second level, and yeah thereā€™s some serious tracking issues on smaller enemies. the bats are annoying in a bad way.

the map design is unflattering too, with the slow tank movement they should have gone more claustrophobic overall i feel.

probably going to keep at it though just because why not