DooM

sounds a lot like megaman 8bit deathmatch in terms of shitty mechanics but great aesthetics

1 Like

God does that thing blow hard

Part of the trick with the whip’s range is you can keep getting upgrades beyond two and it apparently just keeps upping your range, by the later stages I had some real good reach, but again you just have no way of properly gauging that shit and it was by chance that I noticed.

The heart grinding is also one of those skill level oddities, upper skills decrease heart drops which means you end up whipping lots of candles and just getting nothing out of it, but you also have to keep whipping all those candles to get up a stock of ammo. I went back on normal difficulty a bit and there you at least whip lots of candles and get a bunch so you don’t have to bother as much after that, at least until the next stage starts.

1 Like

Boxart I made for my yet-to-exist Unity Doomclone microgame.

Apologies 2 id Software and Looking Glass Studios…

20 Likes

Please take inspiration from this classic rpg adventure

12 Likes

9 Likes
6 Likes

not so much a pivot to video as a strafe to video

1 Like

https://www.doomworld.com/24years/

It is the chosen time once more

3 Likes

i said in our podcast today that i would erase all versions of DOOM from existence just so Mr. Tuff could get published

this was said in the heat of the moment and is untrue but i can already feel the hellish gaze of the entire forum upon me

3 Likes

This mod re-scores Quake using every track from the 2008 Nine Inch Nails ambient/instrumental album “Ghosts I-IV”, and puts the game into a “tourism mode” where there are no enemies, weapons, and the player can’t take damage.
See “Disabling Tourism” in the readme if you’d prefer to play with regular Quake gameplay.

Ghosts I-IV was released by the band under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA
license, all terms of which are complied with here, with an encouragement to reinterpret and remix the music. See the readme for more on this.

Quake has 32 levels and Ghosts has 36 tracks, so each of the 4 episodes also uses a unique track for the intermission between levels.

This mod also integrates John Romero’s original intro sequence for E2M6, “Lost Entrance of the Dismal Oubliette”, which was cut from the original release for disk space reasons and released by Romero in 2001.

See the included file README.TXT for details on how to run the mod, how to disable tourism mode, and how to remix the mod with your own track ordering.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/SimsOCallaghan/status/947241625239072770

With the final map Forgotten Sepulcher finished after a long year of development, Arcane Dimensions is now a complete project. All the map hub portals are full of places to explore and the only thing left to do, is create one final downloadable zip file!

Since the release of AD 1.6 there has been a new release of the Quakespasm engine (0.93) which is recommended for running this MOD. The special AD mod engine is not necessary anymore, but it still works fine if you liked the extra features (The front menu had a MOD option and there was an alternative version (QSS) with better particles)

The AD zip file is getting a bit big and inconvenient to download and I think its time to start splitting stuff off into separate files. The AD map source files are not needed or viewed much and if anyone wants to see them, just drop me an email request.

This download contains all the previous maps, some new extra code and features, lots of bug fixes, some new mapper features (check documentation) and as a final bonus, a couple of extra maps hidden away in the main map hubs, good hunting!

1 Like

Is this the pack @Tulpa played on stream w/ the portals to a variety of user-made levels, or is this something different?

I played this one for a couple of nights, but the one I played most is called the undergate.

Arcane dimensions has a lot of nice level geometry but the feel itself is not my favorite

1 Like

The mov-only DOOM renders approximately one frame every 7 hours, so playing this version requires somewhat increased patience.

nice

7 Likes

11 Likes
2 Likes