Discourse/SB2 Protips

So looking at the goings on thread I’m seeing a message pointing out somebody who hasn’t posted in a while so I guess that’s a new thing too? I get the feeling some folks after a long break might not want that attention drawn to themselves? Also is anybody else not getting a cursor in the reply box anymore?

3 Likes

Agree about the intrusiveness of the “guess who’s back” banner & that people should have control of how they appear after taking a break; my reply box cursor has also disappeared in ancient Firefox on desktop

1 Like

if anyone wants to escape the emojis and just use ASCII smilies you can do so by prepending the braille pattern blank character⠀>:)

This has always annoyed me despite realizing the problem: When using the search function for the forum it will only return a single result from each forum thread it finds with a match.

So for example if you wanted to find out what opinions people have about Growlanser by searching for it you might at first think that it has only been mentioned 2 times ever on the forum. Since one of those results though was from the SRPG general thread though you’d never know that there had actually been 10 more mentions of Growlanser in that thread that Discourse just didn’t show you.

When limiting your search to a single thread though that restriction won’t apply and you’ll get to see all of them.

Is there some way to add a search option to have each single post from the search result instead of just the threads? Does one already even exist that I’m missing?

does anyone else get the behaviour where if day, you accidentally hit the Flag on your iOS Safari device when you wanted to hit the blood-potion, when you cancel out of the flagging window your viewport jumps up to what i have to assume is the earliest post currently loaded in the thread?

what’s up with that, is that just a discourse thing

1 Like

Have experienced.

If we can switch bookmark and flag that would be good.

3 Likes

I’m flagging this post to make felix look at it and not because I missed the blood potion icon again

4 Likes

this happens to me constantly

I can’t imagine it’s that hard to fix but I think managing the scrollbar programmatically on phones can be kind of a pain

1 Like

I’m also now encountering an issue on mobile where the little scroll selector thing at the bottom disappears when I tap it, and then it only reappears after accessing some other menu

I’m about ready to roll up my sleeves and try to fix these myself :triumph:

knock yourselves out, I don’t do CSS!

do we have like a repo or something? or should I just ssh changes in?

no jesus you can define overrides in the site settings through the admin interface what do you think you’re an admin for it’s not some grotty old php app

I just assume everything on the web is a grotty old php app tbh

2 Likes

but honestly I don’t think this is a matter of css overrides, it’s probably javascript gone awry

1 Like

oh yeah I meant reversing the order of the buttons, which people have been requesting for ages and it’s like

I’m not doing that, that sounds way too brittle to try to override and there’s no explicit option for it

it’s trivial to reorder them using flexbox actually, I can definitely do that real quick

2 Likes

Okay I just added a component that should do it but I don’t see how to actually enable it?

2 Likes

There should just be like a check box? I’ve done stuff in there before, I’ll take a look when I get home

I figured it out. guess I should add it for every theme?

1 Like

squam. check out those select buttons now baby

8 Likes