discount elysium (deals thread 2)

Hearing the Mac OS text-to-speech voice go “OK” gives me an endorphin release thanks to my brain skinner box-associating it with Giga Wing’s reflect meter

6 Likes

PlayStation’s current “Days of Play”–still going through tomorrow (6/8)–has sales on a lot of fighting games (list per eventhubs.com):

• The King of Fighters 15 - $42 ($38.99 with PS+)
• Granblue Fantasy: Versus Legendary Edition - $40
• Granblue Fantasy: Versus - $14
• GBVS Color Packs and Stages - 30% off
• Tekken 7 Definitive Edition - $30 ($24 with PS+)
• Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition - $15
• Street Fighter 5 Season 5 Premium Pass Bundle - $30
• Street Fighter 5 Season 5 Premium Pass - $20
• Street Fighter 5 Season 5 Character Pass - $12.50
• Mortal Kombat 11 - $10
• Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Add-on Bundle - $10
• Soul Calibur 6 - $9
• Soul Calibur 6 Season Pass 1 - $9.89
• Soul Calibur 6 Season Pass 2 - $17
• Dragon Ball FighterZ Ultimate Edition - $17.60
• Injustice 2: Legendary Edition - $12
• Gang Beasts - $9

Finally took the plunge on GBVS at $14…and ended up then also buying the legendary pack thing and then all the other DLC that doesn’t come with…because I’m a huge sucker. Anyway it was fun. ; )

I happened across one more PSN fighting game sale not in that list though: “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven Bundle” for $8.99, down from $59.99.

(The non-“Bundle” version is $13.99…down from $99.95. ??? : PP)

The JoJo’s game looks kinda sketchy to me but what do I know, anyway it’s part of the sale.

Edit: Oh JoJo’s is on some sale that goes through 8/6, not the “Days of Play” sale that goes through 6/8. I can’t read. : P

2 Likes

some of these deals are just incredible

10 Likes

what in the balls. 90 is a discount?

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a mistake, but then again it apparently launched at that price, so maybe the new PSN store just hides enough context for why it would’ve been that price in the first place, but

outside of that, 90 is normal for “current” games in Australia, but this is not “current” so IDK

3 Likes

Oops, turns out the Capcom Arcade Stadium games run with hellacious, thick soupy input delay. Way to mess up your old games, Capcom. Well, enjoy my $2, you aren’t getting more from me for the upcoming Stadium 2. ; P

4 Likes
3 Likes

has anyone not played this yet? just finished it up a few days ago and i can’t stop thinking about it. highly recommended

1 Like

It’s on my “to play” list but I do already own it from a previous sale on the Epic store. Which honestly in terms of my backlog I mostly forget about (or I retry to repress my knowledge of it to reduce my feelings of overwhelm)

I wonder if they’ve improved the performance on older computers. When I tried it, it just wasn’t playable on my machine. But I wasn’t sure what about it was so demanding, as I’ve been able to play other games that look more flashy. Will have to try it again because it’s always sounded very good.

I have not :\

It’s in my Steam library.

I should!

1 Like

the initial release had peculiarly high requirements for an isometric unity game, I imagine they’ve optimized it since

1 Like

Had too many words! And the load times are like 30+ seconds on PS4.

So me I’m the one that gave up 90 minutes in.

they did a big patch specifically for this, definitely worth trying again.

1 Like

that big patch in January specifically targeted consoles, apparently! played it with my partner on PC but i also got it on PS4 and it seems to run fine on there. there ARE a lot of words though

3 Likes

the patch im thinking of was way before console releases

‘working class update’

2 Likes

aw man i coulda been playing this on my lappy this whole time? ah well

a bit of a discount for launch day… 18 if you’re “in it”
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-pc/

Too Human is free on Xbox

4 Likes