discount elysium (deals thread 2)

They look pretty okay! I’m excited to give them a whirl.

I hope the leaderboards are shared. It would be a shame if there was a split on leaderboards between platforms for the atari recharged games.

1 Like

this is a really great deal for a bunch of retro fps …sigh ‘boomer shooter’ games:

also i bought it and own a few already so… if anyone who is not sure they want to dive fully into buying the whole bundle but wants a steam key for either Dusk, Amid Evil or Project Warlock just dm me. slightly unrelated but i also have a key for the game Going Under too. would just post them in the Steam key giveaway thread but i forgot where it is.

4 Likes

boomer shooter? Talk about a miss in marketing.

BTW the Ion Fury devs are transphobic shits but @AutomaticTiger figured how to make sure they don’t get any money

16 Likes

I saw this in the… current bad events axe thread and am gonna mention it here where it’ll soon be relevant.

Ideally this will go up during the day tomorrow before I visit in the night (unless it gets delayed, then this will be rather premature), but I took some time today to peak through the included game list and since I likely know the various gigantic bundle line-ups better than anyone else here I figured I’d put up some of the games that caught my eye and were not in either of the prior two massive charity bundles.

• Zero Ranger (paging @Rudie)
  • CrossCode (this will likely be the headliner for most)
  • Fatum Betula (neat looking walking sim with a neat take on PS1 graphics)
  • Alt-Frequencies (time loop radio mystery for you to solve)
  • SOLAS 128 (very hyped laser puzzle game I’ve heard argued is the best ever)
  • inbento (follow-up puzzle game by the Golf Peaks fellows)
  • Move ‘n’ Bloom (puzzle game by person who made one of my fave of those in bundle #1)
  • Dark Sheep (lovely C64 looking sokoban)
  • Cardful Planning (absurd playing card/block pushing/avoid arrows/blades mash-up)
  • RITE (pretty looking precision platformer)

Also a bunch of returning favorites from prior bundles (off the top of my head I recall Celeste, Baba is You, Superhot, the three earliest Draknet puzzle games plus various games I wrote up before).

…Yes, I linked to the Steam pages instead of the itch ones, I like the image/video layout better there :dongdance:

13 Likes

ZeroRanger is a good one.

Uh…yeah. This is a harder charity to be like…optimistic about since it is an ongoing disaster.

3 Likes

damn, we’ve been playing through Touchtone again just for the puzzles, this looks rad

edit there’s a demo (prologue) on the steam page, it is rad

1 Like

It is now live:

Everyone make sure to post in the random games thread about whatever you may find:

https://selectbutton.net/t/random-games-you-played-today-itch-1000-game-bundle-thread/

7 Likes

I have some really bad news for you about racial justice and Palestine…

(Seriously though I understand this, my sincere hope is that the money does get to the medical group working in the area ASAP after the bundle ends as it will be very needed.)

A couple more games of note I saw taking a quick look at the first few pages (there is legit a bunch of interesting looking stuff to investigate in here), no links as those are hard for me.

• Pipe Push Paradise and Hiding Spot: Early puzzlers made by the team behind Bonfire Peaks, PPP in particular has been favorable compared with Stephen’s Sausage Roll.
  • Inmost: Aesthetically neat looking cinematic platformer made by a Lithuanian studio.
  • Antecrypt: A twin stick shooter where you only use one stick as the game basically controls the other.
  • Infini: I’m not sure what this is, but it has an intriguing mix of jank and odd aesthetics so I hope it is something.
  • Kill The Superweapon: A Tales of the Renegade Sector game, they always look neat and
    And All Would Cry Beware! was legit swell.
  • Resynth: Musical puzzle game.
  • Hack Grid: Neat looking puzzle game by a dev who specializes in them.
  • Backbone: There are so many furry noir games now, I should try one some day.
1 Like

One game of note for yours truly (and what pushed me into clicking that “buy” button) is Nauticrawl, a game I’ve been curious about for ages.

1 Like

Any browser games in that bundle that are small and fun enough for a whole group to enjoy Maybe a quick traditional game, or ttrpg? Thinking of bringing something from this in during my classes’ last day of the quarter for some fun.

1 Like

I remember seeing a TTRPG in there called Dragonhearts, so that’s at least one.

1 Like

there’s Darkspace, a 5-player murder mystery designed to play over videochat with a soundtrack and timed packets. it should play fine in person but maaaaybe too small for a whole class to enjoy

1 Like

questlandia’s a good gmless game that’s easy to teach from the book; would work well if the class broke into ~5 person groups.

1 Like

thanks for the suggestions. hope i can figure somethin out in time!

I mean if you want a bunch of TTRPGs and to help Ukraine or trans people in Texas…

The Trans one is a lot better in terms of quantity, no clue how much overlap or that quality of any included games.

If you’d rather just search through the previously discussed massive itch bundle, this site allows you to select just said bundle and search via a tag for those.

1 Like

I bought the Ukraine TTRPG bundle for Ultraviolet Grasslands, and I also downloaded Dungeoneering from it. I am excited to dive into those.

The Trans Rights bundle has Agon by John Harper — he’s the Blades in the Dark dude. There’s also Wanderhome which looks amazing and I’ve heard of, but never played.

Now I’m realizing that indie TTRPGs are a perfect fit for charity bundles. Um… yeaah

2 Likes

Agon is really cool! I haven’t played Wanderhome but its on my list for eventually. I also like Noirlandia and A Dirty World in the trans rights bundle.

1 Like

So the dev behind Syzygy has decided to make it free because it was never discovered and he’d rather people see it than make money on it.

I feel bad for the guy as I’ve had the game on my wishlist for a bit and while I assume it got some visibility from being a Humble original the previous $20 asking price was likely a death sentence. Why I remember the game is because it had a decent little puzzle conceit in that in order to solve its mostly traversal puzzles is to change the world itself between being square, triangle, and hexagon-based.

Not sure if it added up to something to build an entire game around but it looks really neat! I figure the least I can do is offer up the slight amount of visibility I can offer.

26 Likes