DEVIL MAY CRY 😈

Capcom… :imp:

Speaking to Hideaki Itsuno, director on the game from Capcom, we asked why this system is necessary in a game like Devil May Cry 5, and the reason given was a familiar one: it’s about giving players options to play the game as they wish. "With giving people the ability to purchase Red Orbs, it’s something we want to give people as an option. If they want to save time and just want to get all the stuff at once, those people can do that. But on the other hand I don’t feel you have to get all the moves, " said Itsuno. “You should be able to play it the way you want to play it.”

It was a bit surprising to discover that such a feature exists in Devil May Cry 5, but it’s not the first game in the series to feature them–they were also a part of Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition.

We also asked Itsuno about how presence of microtransactions will impact the learning process of playing the next Devil May Cry as our experience with these types of action games has taught us that gradually unlocking and learning new abilities is a far more natural means of developing your skills and earning higher performance ranks in battle.

“It’s interesting because from a game design point of view there’s two different things we think about when we set the prices of the moves, skills, and abilities [which can be purchased with Red Orbs],” he explained. “The first thing is the stuff that we feel people should want to get first is made cheaper. So people will think, ‘Oh this is cheap so I’m just going to buy this.’ But then for the stuff that’s going to be harder to use and master, we make that more expensive. Partly because of you save up for that you’re not going to be able to buy as many skills, so you’re going to have the time to learn it. So you have to make the decision between going for the cheaper stuff or saving up, getting the thing that has a lot of application but you’ll have to spend time learning and perfecting.”

I can’t muster even the most fleeting inclination to care about this

Devil May Cry: Age Doesn’t Define Love

celebrity cameos in dmc5:
dave navarro
kat von d
the cast of mtv’s jackass
jeffree starr
tiffany “new york” pollard
vanilla ice
marilyn manson

6 Likes

Nice Pete dlc.

4 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

I pre-ordered like a monster.

1 Like

1 Like
3 Likes

Viewtiful.

Devil Trigger really starting to look like lightning in a bottle. The other two themes just don’t compare. Subhuman is tonally mismatched (besides it’s distasteful baggage even with a new vocal track redone) to Dante’s history and character and Crimson Cloud is more just not my thing but feels like it could match V. The instrumental sounds like it could be a find BGM though. At least there will be DLC for classic themes. I’m still pretty hyped for this game even if I think the palette is to dark and heavy.

i think crimson cloud is a really good song, i say “thats more like it”

I might be the only person on this forum with an Xbox One X. I briefly played the demo last night and it sure does run at 60fps in 4k.

2 Likes