Destiny Come On Already

The comparisons I’ve heard are that they’re trying to do a Diablo into Diablo 2 kind of thing… If things aren’t changed in really fundamental and exciting ways I will be super bummed and can’t really fathom a cold reset. It seems like (as always) the game is suffering from a kind of personality crisis, and I can’t imagine that string-pullers in Activision-Blizzard are helping in that regard. I’d imagine they have a lot of data to make speculations about what D2 should/will be. I can’t speak to sales numbers but I’d be curious how COD lifetime sales compare to WOW subscription fees. It probably makes most financial sense to have new (“new”) titles to feed more people into the DLC payment cycle of a Destiny-type game?

Never call it this. There’s only one D2.

The mightiest of ducks, right?

3 Likes

give it back toups

well, uh, i actually deleted destiny to make room for nier

two days later apparently they released an update that allows you to use external hard drives with your ps4, uh cool

anyway i’m gonna need about a week’s lead time to get started on that download

3 Likes

I’m excited for when swery does a D4 prequel called D2.

looking forward to a destiny postmortem one day

Bungie: Only Appropriate Fun Allowed

2 Likes

Stream notes for today!

Eververse

• Eververse is getting a new loot box, Treasure of Ages, containing all previous Eververse items and favours items you don’t already own, similar to Legacy Engrams.
  • You can now redeem silver dust for any specific past Eververse item.
  • Silver balance doesn’t seem to transfer between Destiny 1 and 2 so feel free to spend it on these new loot boxes.

Crota’s End

• Crota challenge modes were revealed to be Deathsinger and Crota

Weekly Rituals

• Weekly Story Mission playlist is 380 light, replaces the daily mission. Rewards are Treasure of Ages and 5x 20 Legendary Marks. The playlist will be restricted to strikes from two “themes” every week, such as Earth + Moon, Mars + Venus, or The Dark Below + House of Wolves expansion missions.
  • Nightfall is still around at 380, but once a month, strikes have a Daybreak modifier which combines Epic with the same fast ability regeneration found in Mayhem Crucible. No change to the loot table. The nightfall XP buff has returned from Year One.
  • Starting July 18th, Nightfall will have the Daybreak modifier for six weeks.
  • Challenge of the Elders returning at 390 light, guaranteed rewards are one legendary engram and up to 3x 10 legendary marks.
1 Like

up for doing some vault and crota when this drops?

for sureeeee! I’m afraid to log in and see what my light level is…

Weren’t you doing hard mode with us? Shouldn’t be too far off from the 390 light the refreshed raids are at in that case.

Yeah, I am hype to do all of this when these drop. At some point I’d still like to see King’s Fall or whatever raid 3 was.

1 Like

yeah i’m down for king’s fall too
i’ve forgotten how all of the fights work at this point

hoping vog/ce challenge modes are more interesting than wrath of the machine’s

Honk.

General Raid

• Raid primaries now drop in two variants, much like Trials of Osiris. There are normal versions of each primary with its original look, and an exotic Adept version with a revised look and elemental damage.
  • Adept versions only drop from completing challenges on the weekly featured raid

Vault of Glass

• This ornamented armor set looks absolutely beautiful, unlike the other three which look super tacky with too many attention-grabbing glowing bits

Crota’s End

• Black Hammer is gone for good, as it was too good to bring back in legendary form
  • Necrochasm perk which caused explosions on precision kills has been changed to invoke on any kind of kill
  • Unclear if Necrochasm and Spindle now drop directly from the raid or if you still need to complete their respective activities

King’s Fall and Wrath of the Machine

• Adept versions of these raids’ primary weapons also exist now

Sandbox/Balance

• A lot of changes that were previewed on the blog weeks ago (sidearm ammo stacking, many health regeneration changes reverted, blink buff, Truth, NLB, Skorri, etc…)
  • Auto rifles now deal more damage from damage drop off range
  • Hand cannon range reduced by about 3 meters because they are “too potent”
  • Special weapon is instantly reloaded when picking up special, just like heavy

raid(s) sometime next week/weekend then?

The only raid that’s going to be available next weekend is going to be Crota but I’m down since it’s not too time consuming

oh are they launching them on that weekly playlist? seems odd
yeah i’m curious to see what they’ve done to ‘fix’ crota

Yep, once they’ve all been in the playlist, then you can play them as much as you want [minus the challenge modes and added rewards]

Part of me suspects one of the tweaks is “you can’t solo Crota anymore”

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/844914007916134400
sept 8th

can we make sure the destiny 2 thread is titled ‘if you think this armour is impressive, you should see me out of it’

2 Likes