Destiny Come On Already

Yeah, that was a really weird part, because it looks like it is going to be harder, but then you just end up having like extra time to dick around and do whatever.

1 Like

i like the idea of adding scoring to strikes. Iā€™m not expecting leaderboards because Challenge of the Elders didnā€™t have any, but friend leaderboards might actually be kinda fun for this and add something else to strive for when grinding on strikes in the future.

This event goes live a day after I land in Japan, RIP.

also iron banner rift lul

Green engrams hell is finally over: https://twitter.com/DattosDestiny/status/805368608624783360

The best destiny timeline.

Theyā€™re turning the Nexus strike into mini-Templar: https://youtu.be/6jQjKW5-Ogk

#My Destiny Awaits
I just got this on PS4. Iā€™m new to PS4 anyway. I havenā€™t played a Bungie game properly since the original Halo and I am really enjoying it. The fact that everyone is obviously running around doing endgame raids and whatnot while I am a fledgeling LV 13 Warlock is apparent. Nice to see the odd character running about that is still around my own level.
Some sort of patch today although I assume it is exhausted for new content by this time. For Ā£25 I am enjoying what I am seeing.

The patch is just weapon rebalancing anyway, not new content.

Welcome to the game!

has anything been said about new content/refreshed raids yet?
out of the loop, havenā€™t played since around festival of the lost believe it or not

nope and same, havenā€™t played since Iā€™ve gotten back from my trip

Iā€™d like to go through and play the updated strikes from The Dawning at some point, and will probably drop in for some Iron Banner when the next one comes around to play with the new patch.

yeah i was all hype for sparrow racin rd 2 but never even touched it during the event

i think they left sparrow racing in past the srl event as a private matches only thing

yeah, i think youā€™re right. really i just remember being hype about that and wanting to do the wotm challenges and even feeling like hard mode raid was cool and i wanted to do that more

and then next thing i know i havenā€™t touched it in three months

as always, though, looking forward to getting back in there soon as the mood hits me or my boys

yeah, same
iā€™d like to go through the old raids again at some point even if they donā€™t refresh them

oh hey weā€™re talking about this game here

yeah, i think the last time i played was to do the winter stuff but i wasnā€™t feeling it, something about timed events in games are a turn off for me.

no, wait, i played to check out strike scoring but i remember being mad they didnā€™t play that nice little sound effect every time you scored (like in challenge of the elders or regular crucible). i donā€™t think i finished the strike.

reading the patch notes and they seem to making the same kind of baffling decisions thatā€™re gradually nerfing the game into sterility. like they removed the perk that lets you ready weapons quickly from the ophidian aspects and the gunslinger class that uses it. you know, the class thatā€™s had that as a core feature for three years and doesnā€™t have much else going for it?

but yeah i wouldnā€™t mind getting my wotm hard clear or doing any of the old raids sometime

I feel like most of the balancing changes in the patch make sense in context. If anything, Iā€™m kinda mad at the way theyā€™ve been nerfing shotguns. Problematic shotguns have almost always been in the high impact archetype, and instead of singling out that archetype, nerfs were dealt to all shotguns, meaning thereā€™s even less of a reason to run anything but high impact shotguns. I kinda hope thereā€™s a gear reset in Destiny 2 that allows them to ditch that archetype altogether, as most skilled PvP players in the community seem to agree that other shotguns were in a pretty good place balance-wise.

(I also donā€™t really understand what the Gunslinger/Ophidian Aspects change is, because Iā€™m not too sure what the difference between increased weapon handling speed and what Quickdraw did before is.)

But anyway, in typical Bungie fashion, they fucked up the patch, and instead of nerfing Rangefinder on shotguns by increasing the ADS time by 25% like they said, itā€™s made ADS time 25% quicker. Whoops. They also mistakingly nerfed health recovery on a bunch of exotics by changing Hungering Blade, but now theyā€™re evaluating whether they will do anything about it by looking at the community reaction.

I guess once they fix the major issues with the patch though, all that really matters is whether the meta is more fun than the one itā€™s replacing, and I suspect it will be.

Iā€™m still a little disappointed that their way of encouraging primary usage is by taking your special every time you die, rather than making primaries more compelling (though the hc initial accuracy boost sounds nice).

The perk they killed made it so your gun was ready to shoot much faster when you switched to it. To this day Iā€™ve never been able to perceive any effect from weapon handling perks.

But any meta than the one we just came off of will probably be more fun.

I still have yet to do the one from Taken King. So yes. Definitely

re: pvp balance, i feel like they should have embraced the fact that destiny isnā€™t some serious competitive thing early on, nerfing some of the really egregious stuff (1.0 mythoclast) and leaving it as a casual fun sandbox

the obsessive data-driven nerf everything!!! approach doesnā€™t really match a game with p2p networking that lacked private matchmaking until two years in

itā€™s funny because the pve/general ā€˜quality of lifeā€™ stuff has matured v nicely

1 Like

important destiny question:
is last word good in this meta???