Destiny Come On Already

‘content’ can burn in hell

i vomit in my mouth a little bit every time i hear some flap-jawwed gamer on the internet bellows the damned word from its second arse hole

dang i’m pretty angry today

the first and final missions of the ‘campaign’ rule. the first because it feels like a proper level apart from the rest of the game which are just chunks of areas that are repurposed into them. the last, because, uh, you’ll know it when you see it!

archon’s forge is kind of a bummer after court of oryx. you can only hold one ‘key’ at a time, and if you die you get locked out of the room unless someone revives you. it is pretty fun to play though?

@lick_meth is on point about the new areas. it’s not like the original cosmodrome had that great of an aesthetic to begin with, but at least it had some nice skies and vistas. i do appreciate how vertical some of the new zones are though. i like the new ‘quarantine’ patrol event but i can see most people not bothering with them in a few weeks.

the new social area is legitimately good looking though. @boojiboy7 holler if you want a buddy for the campaign missions (this goes for anybody).

I think I still need to finish up the last expansion as well. I am way behind on the Destiny, so I will holler for all the help I can get once I pick up a headset.

you can actually just leave the taken king stuff entirely i think, that is, they don’t keep you from playing the new stuff if you haven’t finished the old stuff

Oh, I know, but I do want to see that stuff as well. I have definitely not played Destiny like months at this point.

Word filter “content” to “stuff[ed]” in all instances.

Based on a list of stuff, this expansion seems to have less than 75% of the stuff TTK had at 75% of the price. Would y’all recommend this to someone who finds no pleasure in loot beyond making cool hats in Monster Hunter?

I was under the impression from Datto’s video prior to release that you can enter the room again if you sacrifice a splicer key, which isn’t exactly hard to come by

yeah you can definitely get back in with a key. and you can hold a bunch of them, not just one. but maybe you’re talking about something else there?

i don’t mind the new gray area, and i guess this doesn’t seem like dramatically less stuff than taken king was, so far. though maybe i’ll feel differently in a few days! either way it’s, like, one new raid - the other stuff is icing

You can hold a bunch of splicer keys but you can only hold one SIVA offering which is what you use to initiate the event. What’s confusing is it’ll tell you your consumables are full when you try to pick it up but even if they’re not, it won’t let you pick it up. Real strange.

oh, I didn’t know that, that does seem silly. you’d think it could at least be one of each?

can you bank them and manipulate through item manager??

Apparently you can put SIVA offerings into the vault according to some random Reddit thread I found last night

rip pmod: almost world’s first five man clear

1 Like

Assorted Wrath of the Machine facts for those following along at home with our blind raid attempt:

• Siege Engine/Death Zamboni sequence is the first time any of us remember experiencing low frame rates in Destiny in case you’re wondering how hectic it gets
  • Slayerage posted an entire two-man run of the raid (in multiple segments) to his YouTube channel this afternoon while we were playing the raid, and some of the strats are really clever (I haven’t watched the final segment since I don’t want to spoil the final mechanics just yet)
  • T mentioned this was his favourite raid by far and if Final Boss pt. 2 turns out to be as good as the rest of the raid, I think I might agree? I don’t want to say too much out of respect for other people who want to go in blind, but I have a lot to say about it.
  • This raid is dope, you should a) go play it and b) buy a SIVA shirt

the end of our first clear, a little late
this one was really good

1 Like

we rule

three of coins?

1 Like

Aw man, I missed the first clear. Gonna have to get on that at some time soon. Iron Banner is taking up all my time but I have almost finished that out.

cross-promotion: https://selectbutton.net/t/bungiecast/2987

Dropping these here because we’re going to need them for this ridiculous raid exotic quest.

Also, part of the quest has to be done in a trio consisting of one of each class (titan, hunter, warlock), so it may be worth considering which character you decide to get the quest on! (I’m going warlock).

yeah dibs on warlock

I can run hunter right now or give me a couple days to get some more marks and I can infuse my titan up