Destiny Come On Already

i hope it’s made of sublimely soft cotton

if it’s like the WotM shirt, it’s pretty soft yeah

Hope there’s not one state somewhere whose tax code says sales taxes are calculated on pre-coupon price

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46013

Concerned Clan Overlords have been asking us: “Bungie, will my Clan be there for me in Destiny 2?”

The answer to this question is “Yes,” but the migration will require some action on your part. Every Clan on Bungie.net is based on discussion Groups that were infused with tech to transmit some crucial information into the game. Some of these Groups even have a time-honored legacy that dates back to an ancient time when Bungie.net served the Halo Nation. To enhance the experience of being in a Clan in Destiny, we’re breaking some bones.

Starting on July 25, 2017, Clan leaders should visit their base of operations on Bungie.net and decide if they want to convert their Group to a Destiny 2 Clan. Clan Founders will be able to transfer their title and permissions to another member who will be a more faithful leader for future adventures. If you have bigger plans for the existing Group that hosts your Clan, you can leave it as is and explore your own community purpose outside of the game. This housekeeping period will last for one month. After that time, new Clan creation functionality will go live on Bungie.net to support Destiny 2. Stay tuned for more information on that deadline!

Is this something we can do, or do we need to jump ship and start thinking of new clan names?

unsure, i don’t think the founder has been around for a while
if we rename, i vaguely remember you suggesting “postmodern panthers” the last time this came up and that rules

1 Like

also WOAH WHAT

There aren’t random rolls on weapons anymore. Better Devils is a Crucible hand cannon [in Destiny 2], and what it has on it is what it has on it. Period,” Luke Smith, the sequel’s director, said.

“How can my second, third, and tenth Better Devils hand cannon be interesting? That’s a question we should be asking and answering as quickly as we can,” Smith said.

“We have ideas. While I would like nothing more than to share those ideas with you, we’re up against [a deadline]. I don’t know if they’ll make it for our Sept. 6 [release] date. But we have some ideas that we’re pretty excited about.”

Luke Smith overheard me when I got that The Devil You Know the other day, clearly.

On one hand, this could be good. At least for (sigh) pvp, it puts everyone on the same field.

But at a cursory glance it seems like yet another way to make the game feel hella dry.

yeah they seem to be taking a whole lot of stuff away but maybe it’ll be a more focused, tighter game as a result

I guess what bugs me is that they haven’t thought much about what happens to a loot-based game once you sterilize all the loot.

“we’ve got ideas, we’re working on implementing them but they might not come right away” is not encouraging.

Content Creators won’t be able to do ‘god roll’ youtube videos anymore, seems like a big positive

this sounds like good news to me

exclusive sneak peek at selectbutton’s upcoming Destiny 2 review

who’s playing the ps4 beta? any chance of getting that One Last Vault in before uninstalling the first game?

i’m gonna be playing the beta on PS4 but i’ve kinda given up on being able to game with y’all because the time zone difference is 2 extreme

oh, also, the clan founder was parker’s brother and he’s kinda responsive if you need him to do stuff – i’m still friends with him on PSN and see him gaming singleplayer stuff sometimes so i can ask if this is something you wanted to hang on to

(i think i might play on PC given how difficult it was coordinating WotM with you dudes rip)

where the hell are you now anyway

pacific daylight time but man, i don’t get home till like 7pm every night

yeah, that sucks :frowning:

that is a bummer to hear, chair! we’ll be missin ya

i’ll be on the PS4 for beta or worse

When does the beta start? I should probably just pre-order this damn thing already.

And man, someday I will get to be back in the clan, :frowning: