Destiny Come On Already

“we’ve removed ammo synths and brought back losing heavy ammo upon death because we want players to work cooperatively within the ammo economy we’ve developed and play more carefully, we think you’re gonna love it.”

Wait wait wait.

Datto said in his latest video that “all six subclasses” will be in the beta. Guess that means no Nightstalker, no Bladedancer, no Defender, no Sunbreaker, no Sunsinger, no Stormcaller in D2.

sunsingers got revamped into the dawnblade, they said that in a game where the fun is supposed to be about using your super, they didn’t like having a class where most players held their super (but tialoc tho)

there is supposedly a node in the sentinel sub-class that lets you pop ward of dawn, but they probably nerfed the heck out of it?

I’m gonna be really sad if nightstalkers and tether are gone.

anyway i have a pretty good feeling that the big things that frustrate me about destiny are probably going to continue frustrating me for the foreseeable future

I just wish they had come out and clearly said Y2 subclasses were gone and half the vanilla subclasses would be revamped instead of letting us piece it together over the last month.

It feels like half the game was ripped out, and the only logical explanation I can come up with for it is that they forked the engine for D2 midway through development of The Taken King and deviated significantly enough from it that they couldn’t merge in the improvements made over the last two years. If the features are sitting there and being withheld for whatever reason, I think they’re underestimating how big of a downgrade it’ll feel like to existing players.

As someone without a next-gen console that never got past like level 4 in Destiny, I’m looking forward to being able to play Destiny 2 on the PC.

Is there anything a Destiny newcomer should know going into it? I plan to read a ways back in the thread over the next day or so, if the answer lies there.

I did actually enjoy borderlands 2 so it’s not like this will be worse it’s just so much product to get down with

throwing out / “revamping” the old subclasses seems sensible (sunsinger especially) but having fewer classes than the previous game is some nonsense
assuming the third subclasses are somewhere on a Content Roadmap

play with friends, it’ll be miserable solo
recurring themes in this thread are “everything sucks besides the endgame” and “they need to stop fucking with the pvp meta every other week” but hopefully Lessons Have Been Learned

if d2 turns out well i’ll (feel v nauseous as i type this) “double dip” and try to get some sb raids going on pc

1 Like

the pc version looks crazy! guns seem to have have little to no recoil? honestly that’s one of the things i enjoy most about destiny, managing that adds to the sense of physicality. take that out and you’ve got… another game with bullet hoses?

also: no beards, one of the most requested features for the character creator, are confirmed to not be appearing. this leads me to believe that its probably just the same dang character creator from last time.

As far as I know, they haven’t said if you get a do-over for your D1 character options in D2 either

IIRC they said you can carry over the look of your character. Which seems to support the idea that it’s the same character creator?

yeah

Yeah, I know it carries forward, but that doesn’t say if people starting new characters have additional options that weren’t available in D1 and whether or not we can change the appearance of our D1 characters crossing over if we regret certain choices we made

It may be that it’s easier to compensate for the recoil because of mouse fidelity. Halo 5 Forge definitely has the same recoil as the console version, but it’s trivial to pick up your mouse and move it an inch down.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45983/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--06222017

and predictably you get a bunch of emblems in 2 if you finished each of the books in the first game

oh no

i didn’t finish any of the books

i guess it’s a good thing i’m not too keen on any of those emblems then

i have 4905 grimoire and i’m wondering if i can get an easy last 95 (probably not)

so I was originally intending to get to level 7 of the damn book by completing these two nodes:

• getting all the dead ghosts
  • the Grimoire counter on Destiny Ghost Hunter seemed to be saying that I could reach 5000 easily by grabbing up the rest of the ghosts

this would have been fine except:

• some of the dead ghosts in raids that I can’t solo
  • some of the dead ghosts are just fucking stupid (I spent an hour trying to get the ghost at the end of the abyss in Crota’s End, except it’s in the white light that distorts your screen like crazy while crossing over to the bridge encounter so it’s impossible to see anything. I never got the ghost)
  • most importantly, Destiny Ghost Hunter’s grimoire counter for ghosts appears to take into account datamined ghosts that never actually made it into the live game, so I wouldn’t break 5000 anyway

this is why I have given up on this dumbass book and will be relying on @idiot and @rye’s cheesing magic in the nightfall tomorrow instead

I don’t want to burn myself out on Destiny right before D2 so fuck it I will get this over with and wait until the beta (and finally I can touch persona again)

i never got any of the ghosts they hid in pvp maps when they introduced private matches, i wonder if i can get those?

EDIT: looks like yes, but can i be arsed to do this

yeah i cleared all of the previous books but this one has way too much Collect All The Things nonsense

destiny 2 thread title

1 Like

The longest part is loading into the map, but there are videos that show you all the locations so it’s not too hard

otsukaresamadeshita

2 Likes