July 19: Xbox One Pre-Order BETA

July 21: Open BETA for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

July 23: Console BETA End-date

Late August: PC BETA

Destiny 2 LAUNCH

September 6: PS4 and Xbox One

October 24: PC

1 Like

I guess the Game Informer thing is happening again this year and info is coming out bit by bit every evening.

Last night, they announced Crucible is split into two modes in D2: Quickplay (Control, Clash, Supremacy) and Competitive (Countdown and one unknown mode).

Iā€™ve been seeing mixed reports about whether Competitive will be ranked or not. Crucible Radio guys said no word on ranked play last night, but Datto tweeted something that seemed to indicate there wonā€™t be any ranked at launch, so I dunno whatā€™s up there.

edit: Okay, PC Gamer confirms that thereā€™s no ranked at launch.

I heard there wonā€™t be private matches at launch either? If theyā€™re doing that just so they can sell it as ā€œfeatureā€ of a future update that is hugely dumb.

that PC footage looks real good.

Yeah, no private matches was confirmed back at the reveal event. Really weird for them to be making all kinds of PvP-focused enhancements and then pulling private matches like that.

Also according to Bungieā€™s podcast this month, it sounds like theyā€™re pretty happy with the state of PvP balance in D2 but theyā€™re trying to get the PvE balance under control for the beta.

Yeah, for better or worse it sounds like PvP is driving the winds of the design. I lament this a bit because I feel like way more people are playing the game for PvE than PvP (but I donā€™t have DATA on that), but esports i guess.

maybe iā€™ll give it more of a shot but i still feel like itā€™s gonna make me hate my life because iā€™m not a kid with infinite time to practice

Sentinels (the new Titan subclass) can also cast Ward of Dawn via one of their subclass trees. I donā€™t understand how this makes any sense unless Defenders are going away.

I honestly wouldnā€™t be surprised if the redundant elemental subclasses (Sunsinger, Defender, Bladedancer) that we havenā€™t seen in game so far are just gone at this point?

Other possibility is that Sentinels only get to put the ward up but thereā€™s no buff when youā€™re inside it, whereas Defender wards wouldā€¦?

oh i was assuming everything but voidwalker/gunslinger/striker was being replaced

Those were the only 3 playable at the reveal so they could hang on to something to reveal at later dates (which is why Arcstrider is playable on the E3 build), but theyā€™ve only shown 3 new subclasses. Maybe for story reasons theyā€™ll revert back to only having 2 subclasses per class, I guess, but I feel like there would be riots if that were the case.

people are already rabid about the PC version being pushed to the end of october.

Only because itā€™s the same week as Wolfenstein! :smiley:

1 Like

iā€™m actually pleased because it means i donā€™t have to agonise about Videogame Platform Decisions

probably not coincidence a late october release puts it right in the middle of what is likely to be the first dry period (maybe iā€™m just being a cynical jerk idk)

some more pc gameplay:

re: pve balance, i think iā€™ve come to terms with the fact that i just love broken overpowered shit in games and the most fun i had with destiny pve was running vault with the ram and gjallarhorn pre-nerfs

Exciting times for Voopnation:

edit: Also is it just me or are autos just melting the Cabal in that PC footage?

handcannons lookinā€™ good
and you can still sprint-cancel reloads

DeeJ confirmed today that Rumble is completely gone from Crucible because ā€œwe want the Crucible to be where teams of players come togetherā€. :frowning:

wow fuck that