Destiny Come On Already

I guess it’s pretty safe to say we’re all excited about guided games?

3 Likes

yeah but i’d still rather play with you guys

2 Likes

I meant more in terms of being able to fill a few slots to get into a raid, because that’s been happening a lot recently

2 Likes

yeah it’ll be handy if we’re a player or two short i reckon

i heard fist of panic is a roaming super this time, i guess i’m maining titan

cautiously optimistic about some day playing a PC version and not fucking hate the game to death

I’m the worst

I went from cautious optimism for this game based purely on the addition of mouselook to certainty I wouldn’t buy it after learning that it’s somehow associated with blizzard, whose current production style I cannot stand

you realize this is like saying you wouldn’t buy Game X off of Steam because you still hold TF2’s graphical style against Valve

1 Like

it’s a game associated with blizzard that isn’t totally fucking hideous
Real Innovation

2 Likes

heh

ya’ll act like I wouldn’t turn down every setting so I can shove all 144 frames per second into my eyeholes

I bet you look at graphics when you play games too

2 Likes

high picmip quake was beautiful

I won’t be satisfied until all games give me the option to just display hitboxes floating in an endless black void

2 Likes

it’s not just their visual style I’m afraid of

d3 looks fine, basically

Overreacting much? Blizzard’s only involvement in this game is providing Battle.net libraries for Bungie to build atop of as if it was a PSN/Xbox Live-like service because they didn’t want to have to roll their own. Aside from that, Blizzard isn’t involved so anything you find distasteful in their games is unlikely to be in here.

I did say I was the worst

I also generally loathe the game-as-lifestyle-brand genre

you misspelled “esports”

1 Like

Destiny tried to be an esport (they had a deal with MLG with the launch of Rise of Iron), but the rules they were insisting on for official tournaments were so far from a) balanced and b) what the existing competitive community had established that it just kinda fizzled out.

It’s less of an esport and more of just regular software as a service, really.

One of True Vanguard’s impressions videos says there’s a warlock ability on the new subclass that lets you do an AoE heal (!?)

Warlock’s third ability throws a ring down on the ground, and you can spec to make it either heal or boost your dps

Heal totem vs DPS totem.

I wish they did something mildly less bland. But. Maybe it’ll save me $60 this fall.