Destiny Come On Already

i mean unless this reveal looks like a mess i’m probably defo getting d2 yeah

i played destiny more than any other game on my ps4, surpassing my record in monster hunter portable 3rd for most hours i have ever spent on one game

our fates are intertwined i guess

one day i’ll look in the mirror, a white middle-aged man with above-average intelligence and a face that’s a bit rounder than he’d like to have

and i will realize that i, too, am deej

4 Likes

DeeJ lives the real thug life though

I’m going to print out and frame this post.

1 Like

Two more days until the big reveal! Should be able to follow along live unless I get called in for a second round interview for a new job :eyes:

The Bungie Podcast (rss) has returned for the first time since 2014 in the lead-up to the Destiny 2 reveal. Haven’t had the time to listen to the newest episode yet, so I dunno if there’s anything new or noteworthy yet.

Datto also posted a nice 30-minute retrospective video earlier going over the various issues Destiny 1 has had over its four year run and I think it’s pretty fair. It’s a nice trip through memory lane at the very least. (He also does bring up how content droughts have impacted “content creators” and while it’s easy to roll your eyes, Datto is so chill that I’ll put up with it, whereas I wouldn’t if he was someone who made a career out of yelling about YouTube ad rates. Run-on sentences are really great.)

anyway I’m gonna go hunt down some dead ghosts because I am a shell of a human being who will do anything for the chance to pay $30 for a shirt with my username on it

2 Likes

it’s funny how disinterested I am in the book stuff (all of them, really), but mostly I think it’s because I’m not really into t-shirts.

there is some nice graphic design within destiny though.

lovin’ the brand synergy

1 Like

wrath of the machine server room sponsored by msi gaming

Funnily enough these wallpapers are on the top of /r/DestinyTheGame right now and are a good way to revisit how good the emblem art is. Now if only they had made the font color adjust so you don’t have white text on pale backgrounds from time to time.

i actually enjoyed that they started the podcast out with smith and noseworthy’s deep cuts on pb&j. it was a pretty pleasant podcast to listen to all around and just felt like humans talking, way more palpable than any content deej has produced so i assume his hands were tied up in other things.

i have some optimism. putting smith/noseworthy at the helm of TTK did a lot to inject destiny 1.0 with new vitality and a larger framework the other branches of the company/affiliates could iterate on. i assume they’ve been pretty actively building d2 as soon as they launched d1, so wouldn’t it be great if it had all that stuff that they talked about it originally having?

i probably shouldn’t be getting so excited. somebody stop me

i can see some nerds really raging when they find out this thing won’t be 60fps on consoles (never ever in my life though would i want to play this on pc though, but cool if you do!)

i think they might be shooting for 60fps on console but that’s total conjecture based on things i’ve read online

wrath of the machine was probably the best raid they’ve put out, so yeah i guess i still have some optimism

i want non-raid pve experiences that are actually fun & worthwhile
and some kind of league system for trials

Has Bungie released a 60fps game at all since getting picked up by Microsoft? IIRC the closest thing they’ve done was the Halo PC port where the game ran at 60 but since all the animations were keyframed at 30fps and some game logic ran at 30, it looked super wonky…

The other thing I saw recently was a report from someone who preordered on Xbox One that Destiny 2 showed up grayed out in the Windows Store on their PC implying that it would be a “play anywhere” game. I don’t know if that means they’d share servers as well, but if so, I don’t see how they could not have both run at 60 if they want to keep things fair. (edit: well we could argue mouse and keyboard already fucks with things being fair but whatever)

“[Zavala] is the most Shakespearean role I’ve ever played”

1 Like

Destiny 2 let’s go

i’m drinking the kool-aid pretty hard right now i guess but yeah, all that looked pretty great to me

definitely not 60 fps on PS4 though, but tbh idk there’s a super with a flaming projectile sword

also that opening gameplay they showed looked a lot heavier on the effects than a lot of the later stuff

looks like npcs will be a thing in the world, will fight alongside you and be out there to find

a little bummed the european dead zone was not one of the patrol areas. i wonder how much larger they’re going to make the new patrol areas or if they’re going to increase the number of players in the network bubble. i’m still a little sad when i heard way back on the cosmodrome dev stream that the original area was about 10 times as big, but they made it smaller due to console restrictions and so players would encounter other players, which makes sense as a design decision, but i like getting lost on cool planets, and i’m not sure this game will ever scratch that itch.

1 Like

Wait what, I came out of that press conference thinking it was? (or maybe it’s a social space? could make sense given the soccer goals and ball they had in there)

Yep, definitely not although I am curious if there are going to be any meaningful differences in graphics quality between PS4 Pro and base PS4 aside from rendering at a higher resolution. (Digital Foundry pls)

yeah i think it is patrol zone too

PC version will be on the Blizzard launcher and has all of the features.

The opening mission looked great. I hope the rest of the story missions have the same level of care.

ah okay, i wasn’t glued to the screen the whole time so i probably missed it. cool!!

Yeah, that was the one drawback of the taken king’s campaign i think. strong start, but it kind of fizzled out. hopefully not the case this time.