#CYBERPUNK 2077 šŸ’»

everytime i see this thread title i think the emoji is a toilet for a split second

2 Likes

This universe is too cruel for Gatos

2 Likes

Yeah I guess Iā€™ll play this one in polish too

4 Likes

the cyclic rate on that machine pistol seems incredibly low

1 Like

YOUā€™LL SHOW BORDERLINE CORPSE BOOBS UNBLURRED BUT NOT THAT DICK

I SEE YOUR TRUE FACE COWARDS

13 Likes

oh dear

Ludicrous production values (and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever stop swooning at that logo treatment) but tone issues unrivaled since the Housers last crashed a party. The stupid ads, the dialogue like Saints Row 1, a hot grey spread of characters being unpleasant to each other, not even a single joke in the length of an episode of Cable Prestige TV,

They donā€™t have a target to aim towards, a consistent perspective, a character to bounce writing off of. Theyā€™re lost and all theyā€™re doing is aping GTA.

(by the way Mike Pondsmith is a funny guy and is much better at running RPG quests than the ones we see here. Heā€™s also the biggest Gundam nerd I ever met. His story about competing for the high score in Tempest in his local scene ends with him eventually conceding defeat, meeting his better, and marrying her a year later)

15 Likes
7 Likes

Iā€™m going to be the one to say that, uhā€¦ I liked it? Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™m sorry

I want this in the game

1 Like

I liked it too. I mean, at worst itā€™s gonna be a more rpg-ish open world Deus Ex, and Iā€™m ok with that. Also, there are points where you can make decisions more or less organically, like when they took out the gun during the deal. Itā€™s exciting to see a game trying to be a bit less systemic wrt character interactions.

I also hope that you can bring different companions with different personalities to the same mission, but that may be too much to ask.

However, I agree with the criticism that the writing on display in this segment was pretty meh

2 Likes

For me itā€™s Deus Ex with super refined combat. I donā€™t care that much about open world and rpg elements. Though they can be nice if done right and it seems Cyberpunk does them right.

I like that itā€™s first person shooting and I donā€™t mind FP during the story, as long as my character isnā€™t silent

3 Likes

thereā€™s too much shooting and killing in this game

9 Likes

I donā€™t know the specific og 2020 tone that well but if they manage to allow more alternatives to killing, or a non-murderous leaning playthrough, thatā€™d at least be in spirit with the depth and choice they parade.

Looks like youā€™ll start as a petty criminal/runner (or at least an unknown nobody) but I hope thereā€™s a character path that allows you to play as a corp guy that focuses more on social conflict (messing things up from the inside, perhaps?)

1 Like

The only non-combat mechanics will be fuckinā€™

5 Likes

Analogous to being an anarchist whisper in Vernon Rocheā€™s ear? Yes, please.

Gameplay demos of walking and talking donā€™t really work for a wider audience, I guess.

Would work for me, though! Since my Witcher 3 playtime is around 300 hours due to walking everywhere at a leisurely pace.

Quite possibly the best walking sim I have ever played.

Skellige almost demands you leisurely trot through the islands on horseback (which is exactly what I did)

1 Like

Skellige is a massive cockblock to the gallop. No Galloping Allowed

May have been linked before:

5 Likes