#CYBERPUNK 2077 šŸ’»

Thereā€™s an interview with a couple of the devs where one says he regrets giving Ciri any lines that could imply a crossover. Itā€™s a little unfortunate, but I can kind of understand their attitude; while the world of the Witcher can accommodate the idea that Ciri is capable of traveling to a Cyberpunkian setting, the world of Cyberpunk 2077 is not made more plausible with the addition of dimensional rifts to the world of the Witcher.

3 Likes

The questline with Ciriā€™s companion near the end of Witcher 3 in which you go through a series of hostile dimensions is very exciting to me as a potential way to keep working with Witcher 3ā€™s mechanics and world. Not sci-fi, more like John Carter space pulp.

1 Like

Ciri owns, just make her the protagonist

4 Likes

You can! With the character creator.

Or not

1 Like

love that man, and gosh do I miss him

8 Likes

Kicking off with a fridging seems a lil inauspicious

#Trashfuckerz 420.69
#DEUS SEX

1 Like

Definitely getting nu-Deus Ex+ vibes

Which is a bit underwhelming after all the press hype. Still, game looks solid af already. Iā€™ll probably get this one at launch

ā€œOur frothing demand for this game increasesā€

That was a tasty look. I hope Rockstar was taking notes. Because that? That right there was a city.

Really looking forward to seeing how much of your apartment complex you can explore.

All this cinematic downtime is pretty offputting for something that seems to want to invite repeat playthroughs.

Iā€™m not sure RPGs are ultimately aided by things like voice acting or extensive production values, really.

3 Likes

They are, but they have to work with the game and not against it.

Iā€™m assuming stuff like the cyber implants cutscene are either a first-time only thing or scripted specifically for the demo, because otherwise it would get very tiresome

There wasnā€™t a problem replaying Witcher 3. Dialogues could be buttoned through pretty quickly.

yeah, iā€™m not really loving this dialogue. already sort of on the fence with this one mostly re: the studioā€™s constant social media bungling, but this doesnā€™t quite look like what i was imagining from those first trailers. buuutā€¦will reserve wholesale judgement for a while longerā€¦

i know itā€™s only 48 minutes but everyone having the same exact corny tough guy personality where they talk like gangster #3 from a network tv knockoff of the sopranos is pretty boring

BORING AS BALLS, HERMANO!

11 Likes

Surely a language config app would be ubiquitous at this point

Everyone remotely non-Anglo should be overdubbed by Siri

4 Likes

Also I guess the number clouds arenā€™t a total immersion bust in a space where Terminator-vision is standard augmentogoon issue but really comments on that should be part of the banter imo

1 Like

Ultimately this just isnā€™t as classy as Oedo 808 and as long as that remains the case we should dismiss this product

4 Likes

I have long believed that voice acting in video games should be used exclusively for having characters constantly tell you how many hit points they have left

Agh! I got shot in the leg! It subtracted 20 of my hit points!!!

4 Likes