#CYBERPUNK 2077 šŸ’»

Iā€™m not stopping anybody from doing anything, you have my dialogue and if you choose, let your anger construct a smoking gun from it

2 Likes

The first book opens with geralt getting a bj from a nun while he reminisces about his adventures

4 Likes

My partner likes these books but also likes Updike and now itā€™s coming into focusā€¦

6 Likes

1 Like

Excuse me, I thought this was Chat with a Cat-holic. May I leave now?

7 Likes

this post is probably not the way to go about this

yeah I know I sort of started it but Iā€™m really not comfortable with that

im ethnically polish and czech so whats happening in eastern europe is really personal to me in a way that probably comes across as incendiary so yeah OK ill take it.

8 Likes

I get it, itā€™s just that both ā€œwe should expect no better of this developer because of where they areā€ and ā€œthe most notable thing about this country is that itā€™s full of Nazisā€ are too reductive for comfort ā€“ if you said either of those things about almost anywhere other than eastern Europe it would more than likely set people off for good reason, which is basically eastern Europe in a nutshell

2 Likes

What if I say this about America

5 Likes

Iā€™m not allowed to agree because it would look smug

3 Likes

i say those things about america all the time so i figured it was time for my slav brothers to get put in the ownzone. might as well blast everyone!!

barkley 2 is the real cyberpunk 2077

Most authentic and edgiest thread on SB right now

4 Likes

itā€™s more like, if the voices behind this project were truly in good conscience, this stuff wouldnā€™t have been allowed to ā€œslip throughā€ regardless of whether it indicates any deeper attitudes in the gameā€™s direction (god forbid), or if itā€™s just random crap thrown in by the team that no one had the responsibility to say no to.

either possibility reflects very poorly when youā€™re releasing something this high profile, something which is guaranteed to have cultural impact.

3 Likes

Itā€™s one of the most anticipated titles and where subject matter bears some of the biggest cultural and social ripples, extra degrees of scrutiny it gets and the range of expectations people have - Iā€™m along for some of that ride and expressed similar concerns, itā€™s not like anyone disagreeing with the prevailing condemnation is automatically doing PR for CDPR right?

I know that can be conflated with whatever tail people want to pin on things but calling extreme judgements and conclusions for what they are (sometimes large swathes of provocation and being snide with ā€œinsightā€ goes all directions), Iā€™m not afraid to. Different folks and all that

1 Like

iā€™m just illustrating why i donā€™t register these judgements as ā€œextremeā€. theyā€™ve already clearly crossed many lines for many people and havenā€™t shown any willingness to make up for it. you are entitled to your opinions of course

1 Like

On top of everything else, itā€™s still pretty amazing that they just straight-up named their game ā€œCyberpunk,ā€ a label for a whole widely fetishized genre/movement, that theyā€™re hoping to becoming synonymous with. Brazen as hell.

1 Like

i think what bums me out most is that while we all seem to have similar takes on why this all looks bad, weā€™re still probably a minority of people and this will sell well and games sites will praise it once itā€™s out.

5 Likes

Reviewsā€™ll do some lip service to whatā€™s bad about it, but itā€™ll be praised as being visionary, thereā€™ll be fawning admiration for its references to Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell. Every site will do walkthroughs and feature four-hour gameplay videos on their Cyberpunk-ad-laden websites.

The enthusiast press fucking sucks

8 Likes