#CYBERPUNK 2077 đŸ’»

im sure this is going to be a great take, one for the books

1 Like

maybe we should keep chairman mao out of this one and talk about the cyberpunk game again instead

3 Likes

i was mildly excited about this game but somehow CDPR has mastered “reverse marketing” where every single statement they make continues to diminish my enthusiasm. this game is gonna suck unwashed donkey balls

1 Like

Sucking unwashed balls of any species is not beyond these guys re: sidequest design

4 Likes

Did they make a statement today or are you referencing the problematic in-game advertisement?

Not that I don’t necessarily disagree with the concern but I find the wasted energy litigating “politics” exclusively through the lens of pop culture to be more problematic.

1 Like

the artist made a statement about it which said “it’s meant to be fetishizing” which like, no thankz

1 Like

Shrug posted this above. It’s an interview with the artist.

It’s not “litigating” to be disappointed by gross shit in a game. They’ve slipped from Deus Ex 3 sour notes to a solidly punch-down GTA tone and it sucks.

7 Likes

fwiw, nothing they’ve shown of cyberpunk 2077 so far has been as offensive as dx:hr’s minstrelsy

3 Likes

oh no I actually forgot about that again

1 Like

i think about that npc all the fucking time

Nihei did concept art for Natali’s Neuromancer.

7 Likes

that shit literally sounded like bugs bunny in blackface i don’t know how that made it through

5 Likes

this game has “the voodoo boys” who in the original c2020 were white dudes who explicitly were appropriating black culture but now they’re actually black

seems like they pulled a khan in the new star trek movie or “the ancient one” in dr. strange where they used corporate logic to avoid racism by doing a different racism

21 Likes

More egregious than anything CDPR could pull off, honestly.

1 Like

yeah, i used to follow him when he first joined because
idk, i guess out of some misplaced sense of “respect” or something, even though i don’t really care for his writing. eventually he just kept tweeting about Bernie Bros/blaming people who didn’t vote for Hillary and other various neoliberaly type things and i got to a point where i thought “why do i follow this guy i don’t even like his books.”

Yeah, I don’t think he was coming from a pro Clinton space so much as it was anti “Bernie Bro.” He’s like a white Canadian Imani Gandy.

1 Like

Bernie Sanders may be a lot of things but he is definitely not cyberpunk ok

4 Likes

these writers are the most boring ass conservatives lol

8 Likes

god imagine being such a dullard that you watch ghost in the shell and come away with the conclusion that its about cybernetics making you impure or whatever the fuck

5 Likes

scene of two of the characters talking about how they cant quit their job because their bodies are literally work equipment on loan from the government
this is about purity of the human flesh,

5 Likes