computer shows (?)

man the guys who made those “clip cup” shorts made a really funny and sharp parody of the pretenses and indulgences of Louie/Master of None/Maron style prestige comedy along with an entire fake streaming site but then they had to end it with a real shitty trans joke (the joke is that the character is transphobic but it’s still shit) and it’s such a fucking waste ugh

this thread reminded me how much i liked the first season of The Get Down and how much it felt like the quality took a total nosedive in Season 2

I was afraid of this, that’s why I haven’t watched it yet :open_mouth:

Meanwhile:

Apparently that was just the second half of season 1. Also apparently now it got cancelled.

It helps to push the cartridge down. I hate it when people fuck basic nostalgia up.

I mean, otherwise this looks like some slly shit, which it probably should be.

Don’t worry! He pushes it down with his thumb; it’s just hard to see because his hand is in the way.

Ah ok, I rescind my annoyance then.

The horrendously self-indulgent, male-centric romance plot in the new season of Master of None may have ruined what was otherwise a pretty good show. A huge misstep that makes me question how much self-reflection Aziz Ansari truly has.

ooh that’s a bummer. i haven’t gotten to that part yet but i can kind of see where it’s going already. i’d heard a bit about that part and i also thought the extended relationship sequence was the weakest part of season 1 too, it’s sad because the show continues to have some genuinely great moments, like the i <3 ny episode for example

I think this is a computer show. It’s a computer short, anyway.

Blomkamp might do well with smaller projects again.

1 Like

i never really felt like season one of stranger things was some kind of fetishy try hard or that the 80s-ness was overblown like a lot of people thought but this trailer is absurd lol

1 Like

Netflix quietly released American Vandal, a ridiculous parody of True Crime documentaries that is pretty great. It starts off with this unbelievably stupid premise (Serial/Making a Murderer only for an incredibly low stakes crime in a high school) but basically goes all in, initially milking the premise for all is worth (with several very clever sequences, like reconstructing a party from random Snapchat videos). However, it slowly just starts dunking on Serial and how destructive these shows can be, as the “documentarian” turns his show into a show about the show and leaving a path of destruction as he ruins the reputations of everyone for whom he has even he smallest inkling of a theory.

2 Likes

dunno who watched it, re: comedy specials on Netflix but I loved lucas brothers on drugs on Netflix from start to finish.

This is the only superhero show to ever even begin to interest me, is it any good

i refuse to watch this show unless i get some vague guarantee that he goes and murders cops

2 Likes

Is… is this the Kane & Lynch show I’ve always wanted?

Don’t get too excited.

There are DAREDEVIL cast members in it.