Comic Books, Graphic Novels, Sequential Art, & you

The eye of opportunity is closing. Vep is a young refugee, raised away from her devastated home planet as an indentured citizen in a foreign colony. She works tirelessly for her insectoid hosts, but there is no exit in sight in this viscous, dripping citynest. Her duty is to her family and her siblings, but what more can she do for them here? The answer appears faster than she is ready for.

Read more about the series here: Here's An Exclusive Look at the Psychedelic Apocalypse of New Image Series Prism Stalker

Debuts March 7, 2018
Diamond ID: JAN180614

Prism Stalker created by Sloane Leong

Animation - Jonathan Djob Nkondo
Music - Neotenomie
Title Design/Animation - Darius Ou

1 Like

Nice going gloss

2 Likes

a friend of mine was asking if anyone can think of any western comics that work like japanese sports comics and either have the sport represented semi-realistically and at the same time sensationalized, and also let the reader learn about the rules and functions of the sport

Billy the Fish

is this DDD fanfic

2 Likes

And since I dropped that page in an axe thread I figure I ought to mention for those who don’t know that somebody is putting the good YKK translation with higher res scans:

Moving at a good clip too, since the first releases in late January they’re already up to volume 11.

4 Likes

Thank you, i didn’t know this manga existed.

8 Likes

On one hand the new Justice League Dark series will have a Constantine-shaped hole afaik, but on the other hand Detective Chimp and Man-Bat are on the team so

i woulda said that the other way around.

Hey if you enjoy Paranatural like I do you ought to know a bunch of fans put together a good Zine and the creator of the comic was super into it: https://parazine.tumblr.com

Read the first of the new Robocop series. Was impressed - it feels like Robocop, has a pretty solid story, and the art’s nicely done. I’m in for at least a few more issues.

Also been picking up the new Venom run, which feels like it was made specifically for me: someone who read every single one of Venom’s short-lived solo series back when he was a teenager, lost track of the character over the course of the following disparate one-shots (where his character fluctuated wildly), and gave up for like 15 years. The new series acknowledges all that stuff happened, but glosses over everything after Venom: Finale.

Also back is my favorite iteration of Eddie, where he has the longer hair, wears the suit more often than not without the head, and has a minimal of green slobber.

Story is surprisingly good, which I think is a first for the entirety of Venom. A lot of new elements here I’m wholly into, including a way more interesting backstory for the symbiote race that involves it being present on Earth back in the 70’s and, potentially, the viking era.

So yeah, they’ve got the character just right. Very optimistic to see where it goes.

In unrelated news I’m catching up on that Conan collection I got as part of a forum secret santa two years back, the one with the ice people, and holy shit does this series rule.

1 Like

This Land is Our Land: The Native American Occupation of Alcatraz

a short and snappy story about the indiginenous movement in the usa. real cool. the art also happens to be adorable

3 Likes

i want to say that your post got me to dig into this after hearing some not good things about marvel
and wow, what a killer couple of first issues there

A month ago I started reading silver age Marvel and I finally finished '62-'69! This is my first time properly tackling cape comics and I decided the best way to do it was the hardest way. I wrote up all my thoughts over the course of two days and posted it HERE on my tumblr, in case anyone wants to see me say that Spider-Man is an asshole and Nick Fury is the best Marvel hero.

3 Likes

1 Like

this was really good and curry if you get a chance read the OG ghost rider

1 Like

thank you! I will absolutely do that once I get there, ghost rider is my secret fave

i used to have some panels but i dont think i do anymore, but OG ghost rider was one of the most dramatically over wrought things of all time and relatively spooky too

i couldn’t find any panels but here’s some hercules for you

2 Likes