bye-bye, all of EVANGELION

Allegedly Khara themselves got pissed at how gay it was when the dub premiered at a con and everyone loved the expanded Kaworu kontent and that’s why it was redubbed worse and released four years later on video

1 Like

Maybe this movie is part of a Japanese government breeder propaganda push like the manga about how boring your husband is

3 Likes

you’re making a joke but the breeder shit in this movie is off the charts, its SO SO SO SO MUCH

1 Like

Oh, no, yeah, I am hissing and gnashing my teeth to use a biblical phrase

I shouldn’t be surprised at the reception from a general audience considering most people’s favorite anime movie is oppressively gender normie like Summer Wars or Your Name but it feels wrong here

2 Likes

it is a fitting punishment for eva fans to have to watch a movie that places their beloved teenaged brides into marvel movie dogshit

2 Likes

5 Likes

The english voice direction is astonishingly bad - it’s so strange how much it’s slipped from late aughts Funimation and the Netflix dub

Flipping off the TV when Rei put on the school uniform

Partner described part of the score as Duane from Home Movies noodling lmao

1 Like

i woke up today laughing about all the parts that look like nostalgia critic’s the wall. imagine waiting since 2012 for this and finding out it was all for naught because the animators forgot to bust to loli before getting to work and the budget got blown on animating mari’s tits. classic gainax!!

1 Like

I hate this more than Rise of Skywalker

The craven pairing off of every fucking character I am losing my mind

2 Likes

shinji hanging out with annos wifes insert character who they describe multiple times as being a gorgeous girl with big boobs is so fucking funny. asuka says shinji just needs a mommy and that’s literally true LMAO

2 Likes

Well, if the objective of the movie was to get me to hate Evangelion

Congratulations

Is Anno’s wife always sniffing him like a total freak? I cannot imagine a more offputting ending. Harry Potter shit

its end of evangelion (marvel edition) and shinji can explain away his dalliances with kaworu to his tradwife as allowing a man to have sex with him. truly one of the greatest animated films ever

Any touch grass/grow up message is critically undermined by the creepy fucking fan service. Just trash

the ps2 girlfriend of steel dating game proved to be more important to Evangelion than anything else

3 Likes

Eva 4.0 was made by someone whose pinnacle idea of shot composition is train commute upskirt photos.

4 Likes

The cut right after this is a flat shot of Misato too

1 Like