Bottom Line Reviews

This is a great vid.

I gotta get this and write up how thereā€™s a direct lineage from battlefield 1942 through chivalry to plunkbat and how few other games in this genre get that right

but donā€™t forget minecraft because like

thatā€™s the big one

Iā€™m like preternaturally unable to look at minecraft and not be irritated/bored, I canā€™t see anything good in it no matter how hard I try

this is one of those ways in which Iā€™m deep down way more of a snob than people assume I think

3 Likes

itā€™s weird when you find out that your friends hate joy

6 Likes

Not even on a conceptual level?

I totally get both simcity style games on the one hand and legos on the other I just canā€™t understand why people would want to do it from a first person point of view block by block, itā€™s so tedious with none of the real-world tangibility to offset the tedium

I ainā€™t playin no pizzagater game

1 Like

what can you even fuck in minecraft??

1 Like

4 Likes

^ I was going to post that. Modded anything eventually goes in this direction.

That would be the Teen rated version of PUBG, Fortnite. The former has nothing to do with crafting, just looting shells of houses for shells. The latter I have no idea how creating transitory structures is going to be even useful when youā€™re chivvied to ever smaller areas at a relatively fast pace. And they seem to be easily destroyed with explosives. Itā€™s a mechanic at odds with the overall game.

Right but minecraft mods were one of the first places where the battle royale mode became popular, period. Itā€™s not really the base construction game, itā€™s more the servers that came after with very complex systems. They look a lot like PUBG: Random loot, 100 people on a map, short-ish rounds, one winner.

I could also never get past the java launcher

1 Like

Star Fox 2 is A Game That Never Mattered

15 posts were split to a new topic: the glorious battle to call things autism

Going to clear the air here with not quite a bottom line but a one line review that Iā€™ve said elsewhere. Super Mario Galaxy is walking into a gas station bathroom disaster and looking at the sign that says ā€œIf you see anything wrong please let us know.ā€

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: the glorious battle to call things autism

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is setting up 500 dominoes to fall in such a way that it will turn on your stereo to play Bat Out of Hell by Meatloaf and accidentally setting fire to your cat instead (****)

5 Likes

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the opposite of Having it Your Way at Burger King
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a well-oiled machine in someone elseā€™s house emitting the sounds of a Civil War era battle
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is walking in on your parents having a quiet, urgent discussion only for them to stop talking as soon as you enter the room

(*****)

4 Likes

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a game where you can fuck a sentient, immortal skeleton man (**************************************************************)

3 Likes