Bottom Line Reviews

Gears of War: Judgement is Gears of War fanfiction from Poland

Cibele is all the voyeuristic truth I craved in adolescence steeped in all the self-reflection Iā€™ve come to dread as an adult.

4 Likes

Watch Dogs is the Shadow the Hedgehog of Ubisoft Sandbox Games

3 Likes

Enter the Gungeon is a happier Isaac. Not the Binding of Isaac character, the Deadspace Isaac Clarke. (*** 1/2)

1 Like

Street Fighter V is about as refined as actual street fighting (**1/2)

[I]Dino Crisis 2[/I]Is meeting a new friend just when they become unrecognizable to the people they know

1 Like

Final Fantasy Legend II is an immigrant from 1995. (****)

Alan Wake is The Stephen King Simulator

2 Likes

Does Alan get hit by a van while jogging, or just do shitton of coke? I need to know what era of King we are dealing with here.

you play a douchebag author that hates his own celebrity so the first diner he goes into has a cardboard standee of him sitting in plain sight.

2 Likes

Spoiler ending then is when he finds coke and doesnā€™t remember writing Cujo then?

There are allusions to parties and angry inanimate objects are regular obstacles so itā€™s a bit both columns.

Oh and the weird moonshine scene.

1 Like

Finally confirmation I didnā€™t hallucinate this.

2 Likes

maybe he doesnā€™t hate his celebrity so much as secretly feel itā€™s undeserved, since, if the writing of the game is actually aware of itself (unlikely, this is just me talking), heā€™s a fucking awful writer. The collectible manuscript is atrociously bland.

of games most recently played,

Undertale is fond memories of your high school anime club (***1/2)
Grim Fandango (Remastered) is the good old days, if they were actually good (**)
Momodora IV: Reverie Under the Moonlight is IGAvania monster girls getting the respect they deserve (1/2)
Final Fantasy V is a mathematicianā€™s delight (
)
Dragonā€™s Dogma: Dark Arisen is Rockstarā€™s DnD campaign (***)

2 Likes

Burnout Paradise is where good cars go when they die (***1/2)

(cross-posting from my Burnout Paradise thing, for posterity.)

2 Likes

Street Fighter IV is the Wind Waker of Street Fighter games

Street Fighter V is the Twilight Princess of Street Fighter games

2 Likes

DooM is a million years of this dirty orange perk-ridden grindstep shit

thanks @brooks

The Witness is a lovingly crafted waste of your time (**1/2)

3 Likes