Blade Runner

2 Likes

9 Likes

I first saw Blade Runner when I was 10 on the USA Network.

My youth was mostly spent watching heavily edited full screen films of indiscriminate quality from the 80’s and 90’s on basic cable.

4 Likes

I first saw blade runner in highschool around the time I saw twin peaks and cowboy bebop and was trying to make an effort to watch good things instead of whatever old shit my dad brought home from advaark video. now season 3 of twin peaks just ended and there’s a blade runner 2 prequel short directed by the cowboy bebop guy. a lifetime of depression shrinking my hippocampus down to nothing + capitalist brand undeath means I’m trapped in an eternal loop.

2 Likes
2 Likes

so hey

This opened yesterday here so I went to see it, and I really loved it. The production design is fucking excellent.
The shorts elaborate on some events and characters but are in no way necessary to see beforehand.

I saw this tonight as well with my girlfriend. I thought it was pretty great too. She thought the first one was only okay but said this is the best sci-fi movie she has ever seen. I reckon I could watch a whole movie of just flyovers of the city scenes with those ominous car engine noises.

I think the biggest lingering mystery this movie holds is: Is Dog a Rep?

2 Likes

I know what’s real

1 Like

This was a cool movie and I liked it.

I saw it in fake imax in the suburbs because they have electric recliners and loud speakers. The only movie I have seen in a theater without electric recliners since first experiencing was the 70mm print of The Hateful Eight which was in retrospect perhaps not worth the fully upright seating position.

1 Like

It has Invention of Morel fan fiction

1 Like

The soundtrack had too much BWOWWW synth but I either liked or loved the rest of it. I liked that we saw more of the BR-world that had progressed on its own path (USSR still exists, Wallace managed to colonize nine planets with his replicants, Pan Am and Atari have enough of a corporate presence to put up big neon signs)

1 Like

Yeah considering the original movie is set two years from now, making it more like an alternative history is probably the best move.

I dunno, two years ago president trump was still pulp territory, we got time

1 Like

it seems the end of pan am saved us from this dark timeline

1 Like

My main beef with Children of Men 2: Spike Dies is does the industrial science god man always have to be a straight up evil sadist? Like I get it YHWH was mean.

I mean, probably

1 Like

does anyone else think that jared leto was not actually Wallace but some kind of Wallace-surrogate body that was his agent on earth but the actual wallace is some kind of decrepit old man living in space The movie did not feel at all like 2:45 to me so I was expecting this to come into play in the last act of the movie, but then it just ended

But why would the body be blind? I mean I guess the real dude could be blind.

I kind of expected some shenanigans with robot anti-aging juice or continual host clones to explain universe controlling capitalist inventor king being late 30s or whatever but I guess he is just an unregulated Uber exec? I mean I guess he also looks the same in the prequel short 13 years previous, who knows, what a mystery.

1 Like

I… did not realize he was supposed to be blind lol that explains a lot