Blade Runner

I’m kind of torn on what I’ve seen of the design so far on this one, like obviously its sad that it doesn’t look a whole lot like Blade Runner, but also this movie takes place 30 years after the original. It would be extremely strange if nothing had changed aesthetically or environmentally since then.

I still think the entire thing is way too bizarre for its own good, because the original movie takes place two years from now and uh obviously the world doesn’t look like that.

Most science fiction has a use by date, after which it becomes “alternative history” fiction, I suppose

1 Like

Yeah, making a sequel to it this far after the fact just draws attention to that I guess. At least Alien was set far enough in the future that even prequels to it don’t seem that far off base technology wise

It’s producing some decent movie posters.

Also this international trailer has some new scenes:

I really like the song that they’ve been using for these. An Icelandic fellow named Jóhann Jóhannsson is composing the soundtrack and he’s hit the right notes so far as first impressions go.

Narrative-wise I hope the Harrison Ford billing is a huge fake out and Deckard gets killed within fifteen minutes of being reintroduced to the audience and then the rest of the movie is Ryan Gosling running from Jared Leto for two and a half hours.

At least it is not as bad as the official ghost in the shell manga timeline, which if I recall correctly had WWIII, WWIV and the second coming of Christ all happening before 2000

1 Like

I guess they’re aping this “here’s shorts with crucial plot and character elements you’re gonna need for the movie” shit that Ridley Scott’s grown fond of.

That’s the Appleseed manga timeline as given in the fifth volume. Some elements of it are compatible with GitS and Orion and were alluded to in the GitS manga but as far as I know it’s only in SaC second gig or SSS that they explicitly say it’s the same (they have other nods to Appleseed like the SWAT team in the first episode of 2nd gig using the same armors as Appleseed’s ESWAT). I may have missed some secondary materials from the manga though.

He’s got grip panels for a rifle rail along the side of his space revolver barrel.

That must mean it’s super accurate for a revolver.

why’s Benedict Wong always the best thing about anything he’s in

1 Like

“I punched Ryan Gosling in the face,” Ford confirms. Then he adds, by way of clarification, that “Ryan Gosling’s face was where it should not have been.”

Explain further, if you will.

“His job was to be out of the range of the punch. My job was also to make sure that I pulled the punch. But we were moving, and the camera was moving, so I had to be aware of the angle to the camera to make the punch look good. You know, I threw about a hundred punches in the shooting of it, and I only hit him once.”

So he should be grateful?

“I have pointed that out.”

And the one that did connect – that’s 100 percent his fault?

“No.” Ford makes as though he’s carefully weighing this. “I mean, I suppose it’s 90 percent his fault.”

That is very –

" – generous of me."

He said you went to his dressing room with a bottle of scotch…

“I did.”

…and poured him a glass, then walked out with the bottle.

“Yeah? What – did he fucking expect the whole bottle? You know, I figured one drink would fix it. That was enough.”

5 Likes

ctrl-f for “dank nugz” isn’t turning up anything :frowning:

Well, fuck, I’ll definitely watch this one.

1 Like

what year is this

20…22?

cosplaying cap’n oblivious obvious seems like a tempting prospect to me itt…

srsly though, is 2049 out already? lost track of some movies this year, for whatever reason, and i felt that bladerunner was supposed to be screened in the first half of the year. Thing is, i have already looked the planned release date up on wiki before, but that info totally got wiped from memory, and thus, once again, i wonder wheter it is out already or soon, and will now head over to wiki to find out.

But Valerian was cool, y’all. recommended.

2 Likes

I think next month

hope i will remember this next month!
kinda guess i’ll do now, but let’s see…

4 Likes