Apex Legends

yeah I’d say it’s more likely that they were disconnected. Most players right now are still low level. If you’re anxious about being low level though you can swap out your badge in your banners so it doesn’t show which level you are. You should get some other badges pretty quickly.

2 Likes

my team won the game when I was dead (the second time I was dead)

I feel truly

legendary

3 Likes

Truely a legend at your apex

1 Like

that time the arena shrunk down to a bare stretch of hill flushing the other squad out of the house they were hiding in (and me out from under it) and their Bangalore called an air strike that wiped out the rest of my team after I scrambled out ahead of them

we still might have won if I could aim

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

60 hours in on PC and I finally feel like I’m starting to get the hang of it. Getting a lot better at flanking and positioning, which seem to be the most important skills. Pathfinder’s mobility straight up feels like cheating in a lot of fights. There’s a definitely a learning curve to the grapple, though. Took a while before I felt comfortable with it, and I still screw up swings on a semi-regular basis.

My buddy and I got 3 second place finishes and 2 first place finishes tonight, one of which was a straight up 2 person win (our pubby quit before drop). It helps a lot to have another person on voice chat to call out when enemies are weak, how they’re moving, etc etc.

Still trying to figure out how to move in the mid-game (can’t count how many games we lost due to bad rotations, or not checking our flank, or dropping a care package that gave away our position).

I also have a bad habit of overextending with Pathfinder, either by using ziplines for mobility or when I push too hard on a enemy team. If I play a little more cautiously and use my mobility more reactively I tend to do a lot better.

I’m very addicted to this game!

I dipped my feet into this yesterday and I constantly find myself running into walls or wanting to double-jump

Maybe I should play as Pathfinder so I’ll have a grappling hook at least

1 Like

i’m going to finally dive into this this week. anyone playing on XBL?

As someone who plays fighting games, I kept asking myself, “How do people train in those games?”

I wish there was some sort of training mode to train aiming and shooting and moving…

Otherwise it’s a fun experience and I looove the characters :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish there was some way to add real value to your team aside from killing opponents in this game. That aspect is really deprioritized compared to other modern team shooters like Overwatch and Splatoon, and it makes me feel like I’m pure deadweight as a beginner. I can do everything right up till the point of aiming at the opponent, and then because I can’t hit them, I may as well not have been there at all.

Bloodhound can scan buildings/areas to see if anyone is lying in wait for the team.

Bangalore can lay down smoke for screening, call a giant airstrike in a pinch.

Gibraltar can throw down a shield to protect folks from incoming fire if they’ve taken hits.

Lifeline has her healing drone, resupply summon.

Wraith’s two-point teleporter has saved me from the encroaching wall when the teammate who was running ahead of me thoughtfully ran it out.

Pathfinder can get the team into all sorts of weird spots!

idk obviously some of these are only useful outside of combat and the verb set is tiny? I suppose other games have actual healing or in-combat and buffs and shit that you don’t pick up off the ground? how are games, now? I’m so old?!

For a while I just played Pathfinder whenever possible so I could grapple into weird high spots and flank. Used a shotgun or the magnum and tried to get close enough that my squirrely aim with a thumbstick didn’t matter as much and hose them down. Never stood toe-to-toe and blasted. Just focused on weird positioning and hope.

Eventually I got enough of one of the 3 (three?) currencies to unlock Mirage (?) who can send doubles of himself walking in straight lines to draw fire while you go for a better position. It’s fun. It’s fine. I’m getting better slowly. I sort of miss being robot spider-man?

2 Likes

If you could shoot out of Gibraltar’s bubble shield it would be so much more flexible. Maybe even… useful?!

Almost every time I’ve seen it deployed to relieve pressure it’s in a close range fight and whoever’s putting that pressure on just sprints into the thing with their bare face hanging out and continues unloading.

Been too nervous to try other characters so I’ve stuck with Pathfinder; however the only time I won was with Wraith.

How does the teleporter work? Do you do the ult once to set one end, then again to set the other?

Yeah, you press it to set the one end, and then you move faster and have a limited time to set the other end.

Oh that’s a bit less useful than I thought.

its v good imo. you can obviously use it to get the whole squad to move a decent distance faster, or run away from something, but also you can warp through it and find some quick cover and then just point ur gun at it and youd be surprised how many teams just pop right out of there and die

2 Likes

weird, I also ping every mozambique I find to amuse myself and friends, it didn’t occur to me other people might be doing it too.

1 Like

What do youse think of the names Mozambique, Gibraltar, bangalore. What is the significance. They are all colonised zones irl and there seems to be some vague feeling of colonialism in the game, like I feel like the setting is like fake South Africa for some reason. Idk if this also is kinda dripping off of the titanfall games but I can’t rly remember them that much so idk

Mozambique is probably meant to invoke the (in)famous mozambique drill shooting technique. Popularized in the public consciousness by Michael Mann movies. (It is a three shot weapon and said drill is two to center mass and one to the head.)

Gibraltar because Rock Of: he is a monolithic formation of a person, lays down defensive shit, etc.

Bangalores are a specific kind of explosive charge. Used in a famous scene in Saving Private Ryan. For lady what brings down the bombs.

The Bangalore torpedo was first devised by Captain R. L. McClintock,[1] of the Royal Engineers while attached to the Madras Sappers and Miners unit of the Indian Army at Bangalore, India, in 1912. He invented it as a means of exploding booby traps and barricades left over from the Boer War and the Russo-Japanese War.[2]The Bangalore torpedo could be exploded over a mine without a sapper having to approach closer than about 3 m (10 ft).

They’re just lazy pop/culture references divorced from wider historical context or intent. Like most things made by white people lololololololololololo

13 Likes

Ah man

Titanfall did always have a District 9 feel to it though

3 Likes