ANIMAL HARVEST

the time I got really into it was when I had 2 roommates. i had some fun with it on 3DS but it ultimately felt too lonely.

when the 3ds one came out i was having so many visitors from online my town was so full. i think about how fucking AWFUL it was to play online in regular ds animal crossing all the time

like the biggest surprise of 3ds animal crossing was the online actualy working well

1 Like

You can even play co-op simultaneously now on the same system which might help.

3 Likes

AHHHHHH THAT RULES i need to start paying attention to animal crossing news again

1 Like

NEW MODELS NEW MODELS

I WANT THAT JACKET IN THE FLESHZONE

im glad timmy and tommy havent aged

edit also here’s the box art extended

IMG_20200201_132843

you fuckers its so close. animal crossing is almost here

7 Likes

god this game is adorable

1 Like

They look like they’re made of the same material as those Japanese mascot costumes with the gigantic heads.

Also, missed this tiny but cute little trailer they released

3 Likes

yeah the tom nook presents video was SO CUTE. i was going to talk about how one of the characters is specifically a stuffed animal but hes front and center in the thumbnail!

What if they put full voice acting in to animal crossing, how badly would that ruin it

on a scale of “oh god it’s awful” to “this is actually apocalyptic” how bad would it be to replace the cute little animal voices with REAL HUMAN VOICES

i say it’s about a 7

1 Like

animalese, bebebese or WERUINEDITESE

1 Like

villagers

When are Nintendo ACTUALLY gonna update the graphics though??

3 Likes

compromise: real voice actors speaking animalese

3 Likes

20 Likes

one thing i never got about isabelle in smash is that she has no voice. she speaks no animalese when she attacks or gets hit. you do not hear her groans of pain or moans of glory

8 Likes

…rude

1 Like

Do you have to go out of your way to make the villagers this rude to you in the later games, or did they just simply remove a lot of the rudeness? I don’t think I’ve ever seen any dialog like this in New Leaf or even probably the DS game

the cranky personality type was a lot crankier on gamecube for sure! i know some of them have switched personality types too. like ursala used to be snooty and now shes uchi

WHY IS BELLE BEING SO MAD SHES PEPPY

also some of them (like snake) are just in angry mood mode, and when you walk up to an animal when they’re pissed off or sad they wont talk to you at all, just say shit to make you leave

yeah they’re just way meaner on gamecube. i think it had more of the ‘you’re an intruder in our animal town, HUMAN’ feel to it in general

my favorites are lazy and cranky

cranky is just like, old men who are out of touch and complain about how annoying and hard everything is these days

and lazy is just 'hey man lets hangout and talk about food. just food. im hungry, do you have any food? i like sleeping"

5 Likes

Judging by the comments they’ve made on Resetti, I’d imagine part of the overall approach to broadening the appeal/responding to feedback is making the game’s tone gentler in general, which includes toning down the sharper edges of villagers’ personalities.
Less fun (in my mind) but makes sense for kids/the general atmosphere they’ve leaned into more and more past the first one in terms of the game being more accommodating and more of a virtual ‘vacation’ space

1 Like

my favorite thing about animal crossing is how little they change from game to game

2 Likes
5 Likes