ANIMAL HARVEST

animal crossing is the best game ever. i have been playing every single animal crossing since the gamecube. i was the first person in the united states to own a theremin in new leaf! i dont know why i brag about that like its an accomplishment but im not good at games so ill take what i can get

NEXT YEAR (because of delays due to THE EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND WELLNESS COMING FIRST) there will be a NEW ANIMAL CROSSING

and it will be the best game ever

you have a phone! everyone finally warmed up to tom nook because of the landlord hellscape of the fleshzone so he figured out NEW WAYSTO BE EVIL

it has AUTO SAVE so that fucker resetti will not give another child horrible anxiety

because its the best game ever.

ANIMAL CROSSING HORIZON NEW DAWN allows you to draw disgusting pictures and plaster them all over whatever you want, and in the NEW EDITION even lets you put FURNITURE OUTSIDE, allowing the outside of your village to match the OUTSIDE OF YOUR ATTITUDE

animal crossing celebrates may day!

animal crossing: harvest farvest has problematic undertones! you are the only human barging into an animal utopia getting the biggest house and becoming mayor, IN THE NEW GAME YOU’RE ON A DESERT ISLAND! i think a lot can be said about a game coming from a culture of both colonizer and colonized, but think pieces probably wont even get that far!

you dont have to get a tan to get a skin tone anymore!

fishing! you can catch fish, the fish are eerily photorealistic in a world full of cartoon animals AND ITS JUST GETTING WORSE IN ANIMAL CROSSING HARVEST OF THE MOON

THERES CRAFTING FOR FISH BAIT, i dont know if i like this or hate this yet, but i bet i’ll love it! because animal crossing is the BEST GAME EVER

the game is made by women who know whats really important in life!!

THIS THREAD is for all speculations, anecdotes, news, arguements and fanart of animal crossing, the best game ever

THIS NOT A STARDEW VALLEY THREAD KEEP YOUR WEIRD HUMAN SHIT OUT OF HERE

10 Likes

For me the most important thing about any Animal Crossing game is the music, and the bit we heard in the trailer and gameplay videos sounded better than anything since the Gamecube one! If I could, I would just listen to 1,000 albums in the style of that original soundtrack, forever.

3 Likes

7pm

on loop

forever

2 Likes

YES!!! HOW COULD I FORGET THE MUSIC!!

animal crossing has a 24 hour music cycle, where every hour of every day is a song, and the ones in the morning are super chipper and the tunes chill out as the night wears on

theres a plugin to have the music playing in your browser! but it doesnt loop seamlessly so i dont use it

ALSO theres a very cool character named KK SLIDER who takes song requests and if you know the title of one of his MANY SONGS he’ll play it for you!!!

KK cruisin legit gives me chills

you can only see this version of the song live, and you get a TAKE HOME version that sounds different, cuz kk only sings live
you can play the home version in your stereo!!! IN YOUR HOME, in animal crossing THE BEST GAME EVER

oh oh also in the last game they brought in DJ KK who would show up in new leaf on saturday nights

you could dance in the club to kk

SO WHO KNOWS WHATS COMING NEXT

HERES MY KK

7 Likes

also yes kk is nude, hes an ARTIST get OVER it

2 Likes

KK Cruisin’ is the best KK song, by a lot

1 Like

i am so fucking stoked for New Horizons, i logged hundreds and hundreds of hours into New Leaf and I’m excited to couch co-op some chores with my GF next year

i think this game might have the only crafting i’ll ever care about in any videogame. i’m gonna fish and chop trees for days. plus i really love that you’ll be able to decorate the outdoors with furniture, that opens up a lot of fun hang out spaces

3 Likes

i want this videogame

1 Like

my guess that the crafting is gonna be really simple just to keep in the spirit of animal crossing, but they wanted to add concrete goals so gamers who always say ‘ANIMAL CROSSING SUX THERES NOTHING TO DOOOOO’ have cheevos to go after

yeah theres gonna be weird obstacle courses in peoples towns made of furniture, im always excited about the minigames people come up with that werent strictly designed by the developers

1 Like

many of my friends are head over heels for Stardew Valley, to where I am very lukewarm on it, and i think this is the precise reason for it

1 Like

looking forward to a whole new generation of explorable ghost stories. Some of the dreams I’ve been in in New Leaf continue to haunt me.

Although what haunts me more are the towns that look like an upended toybox, the trees uprooted and nonsense scribbles covering what little grass remains. I find myself in those towns and I just think “Someone did this on purpose. They were given a canvas, and this is what poured out of them.”

7 Likes

oh man like when they just put DRAWN ROCKS AND GRASS AND DIRT AND FLOWERS with tiles instead of actually planting and walking carefully to preserve the grass?

also i hope they get rid of grass wear from walking on it, people got SO STRESSED about dirt covered towns

2 Likes

i mean if you want a metaphor for how humans are the invasive species who can not live in harmony like your animal neighbors, and their very presence imposes order on this fragile veil, it doesn’t get much more stark than grass wear.

2 Likes

i hope you can equip animal feet that are soft on grass

1 Like

Walking doesn’t hurt the grass but running does, so my policy was always to only run when on certain, specific routes that I tried to replicate as exactly as possible every time, so that my town would develop natural footpaths

3 Likes

i tried to do this too! i always invited people over though and i didnt want to be weirdly strict about where they could walk

is there something in the game that tells you if you’ve done something like that?

no i just had an early copy and got it before everyone else who had an early copy

3 Likes

Has there ever been one of those live hologram concerts for KK Slider, like with splatoon? Cos there should be

2 Likes

i don’t think i ever found him in New Leaf or played any other game but i really love how in the GCN version catching KK love is also when the credits roll. such a nice way to like, mark that you’ve gotten comfortable in the world

2 Likes