"an aggressive waste of time" (ffxv)

Should have had Ignis sitting in a chair in space telling you how the rest of the game went, before dumping you at the front door to the final dungeon

3 Likes

Umbra was fine but imagine THESE guys in XV graphics

the running in this game is so janky and weird, why are my boys so slow and winded

also the fact that there’s seemingly no way to pipe in your Spotify soundtrack through that car is a huge misstep, in my opinion

i’m not very far at all but i’m already having doubts about getting through it. there’s some fun and funny bits in there, though

1 Like

Let go of the sprint button right before the stamina meter is empty and it’ll refill instantly

You mean tap sprint again right before the stamina meter empties. You’re not seriously holding L3 for all that time, are you?

you can use circle to sprint

Man, if you’re gonna plagiarize, at least do more with the stuff you’re pulling from elsewhere

mind pointing out what it sounds like

when i heard this i was like…

good skyrim cover

It’s the Elder Scrolls series’ (since Morrowind) main theme

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that too. Really strange. I mean, they’d mentioned Skyrim being an inspiration for the game, so I can’t imagine it’s at all possible that the composer never heard the TES theme and it’s just somehow an amazing coincidence. I wouldn’t buy it for a second if they tried to say it was.

I am having a cool time driving around anime America with my best homies, this game is tight I am into it so far. The battle system is so weird and dumb why does teleporting and hanging give me all my stuff back; do they make any attempt to reconcile these gameplay mechanics with the narrative in the companion media pieces I guess I could just look this up who cares. I’m just going with it its fine man. Kinda shocking that this is what they came up with after ten years or whatever; illegible but snappy and not unpalatable. I think the general movement feels fine, even as it’s still married to the kinematic animation stuff that I think ruined Witcher 3 - better tuned I guess. I am mostly surprised by how tolerable all the bad stuff is and how much more compelling I’m finding it than Witcher 3 and the lesser examples of huge western rpgs; perhaps not high praise but I guess I expected an outright technical disaster and instead we got a functional videogame with cool looking environments that seems about as glitchy/solid as any seasonal Bethesda + fun silly stuff. Biggest disappointment other wardrobe: can’t rotate the camera during the food closeups get fucking serious.

An old friend and I used to take roadtrips to Austin, when we were younger; he had a running goof where he would point out wildlife and ask to pull the car over so we could slaughter it for experience points and I think the Japanese development industry might have faltered for a generation there but maybe they’re back on track.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Is this coming to pc I thought I read it sold the worst of any of the last couple final fantasies, though maybe they weren’t taking digital sales into account

you just can’t trust anything on the internet anymore

It sold significantly less than FF13 in Japan and will likely not catch up to it/many other, better selling FFs, but this is honestly more of a reality of the Japanese console games market collapsing than it is anything to do with FF15 itself.

1 Like

yeah, if you see a big AAA game from japan, assume it’s targeted at the west

which is why none of them play like japanese games of 20 years ago

IIRC what that article actually meant was fastest shipping, which doesn’t really account for anything.

You’re talking about character “shipping”, right

Because, I mean, of course

6 Likes