"an aggressive waste of time" (ffxv)

the only review that matters:

2 Likes

watch this video (why is it not embedding)

It even casts the shadow properly on the guy’s back. A+++ production values

guys you know you can still make KOP threads right

3 Likes

are the glitch videos supposed to turn me off

does the game still have cars and real-time overworld clouds

2 Likes

I… I wanted to but I couldn’t find the previous ffxv thread and wasn’t sure if there was one at all and was… scared. feel free to move this there if one doesn’t actually exist already

you can move threads yourself now!

…whoa

I haven’t watched this segment yet, but having played the current Japanese demo for an hour or two, the tag line is exactly on the mark.

all i know about this game is the gifs i’ve seen of people driving past huge monsters in the background

and that looks pretty cool?

2 Likes

is exactly what a witty media commentary about four youths could/should look like.

Question is … by accident or design? Probably as much accident/design as the FFX lock-down-in-linear-path-until-tidus-told-his-story-theory where the game opens up shortly afterwards, i.e. more by chance than design.

(come to think of it, re FFXV:
I didn’t follow up on watching all the anime™/OVA episodes, nor the movie (jesus that’s out already, right? well that release day is creeping closer~~~)

Game still looks good

6 Likes

It’s got fantastic animations, to the detriment of everything else.

You can’t even really steer the car.

Sorta glad this is going to be an unmitigated disaster. It’ll finally force Square to go back to the drawing board and reinvent the series in a way that makes sense…oh yea, and is also fun.

they’ve been reinventing themselves from scratch for the past several releases, it hasn’t necessarily helped

1 Like

fuck em!

True, but XV looks unprecedented in its failure. Can’t wait til some nitwit at Otaku writes something like “Is FFXV the Donald Trump of video games?!”

5 Likes

Failures can be interesting, especially if they are “unprecedented”

Honestly so far the only thing repelling me from FF15 is Shimomura’s boring-ass music

1 Like

“this monster will take 72 real life hours to beat”

at first I was pretty weirded out by this, but I’m guessing it’s not meant to be fought? there were videos before showing off the ecology of the game world, and I’m guessing that they’re trying to keep that from looking like a shooting gallery and more like a system to exist inside of.

slash fiscally implode and retreat to mobile f2p nostalgia cash-ins until the end of time like the rest of the Japanese game industry