"an aggressive waste of time" (ffxv)

at this point in my life the only thing I want out of final fantasy is lavish, egregious stupidity that doesn’t fall into itself. the only turn off on this one is what is almost surely going to be too strong of a devotion to the dictums of western open world This Is How You Make A Video Game design, exactly none of which appeal to me.

1 Like

well conan dropped both beckett and joyce in this one, 10/10

Official SB Grand Theft Auto V review

2 Likes

For context, the AAA Open World Videogame is a genre I got my fill of probably for good with Crackdown 1 and GTA4.

I’m beginning to see a new thread emerge with X - XIII - XV: when Final Fantasy went pop

you could also argue that thread goes VII - VIII - X - XIII - XV but I’m far more interested in bearing witness to that discussion than I am in partaking in it

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/ayatollah-zika-100-things-media-has-compared-trump-2016-ranked#.WCHe6544YtM.twitter

are they going to put an english version of this demo out before release?

This is what 9 years of development gets you.

1 Like

how

“Final Fantasy XV has a unique relationship with food. The cooking and sharing of meals by the four friends on their journey emphasises the power a great dish has on bringing people together. We at Fifteen celebrate the magic of food with our meals taking inspiration from all around the world and we’re very pleased to be working together with Square Enix on bringing the fantastic flavours of the game to life.” said Jonathan Woodhouse, Events Manager at Fifteen London.

4 Likes

that’s a really good answer to the previous post

7 Likes

the unifying element seems to be cheese

5 Likes

We are truly living in the darkest timeline bc this is the worst thread I can imagine for FF15 tbh

6 Likes

Boyband Roadtrip Fantasy is probably gonna be my favorite FF game ever, fuck the prehaters.

i really hope cooking and sharing meals with your bros is genuinely part of the game.

4 Likes

This actually is a mechanic! What you cook & eat with your bros when camping gives you stat boosts! It’s kind of charming!

2 Likes

yeah, this whole food thing is the kind of dumb shit I want in this game. if I’m gonna play open world bore-a-thon at least I won’t be playing it as some version of batman like every other open world game

marketing isn’t game design

risotto isn’t doritos

when was final fantasy ever above something like this

I think the concern is actually that it’s risen to the celebrity chef level

though I guess there was already that thing with lightning and louis vuitton but they were past their prime even then

did ff have a prime or did it have a time when you were 12

6 Likes

what’s the exemplar for jrpgs in the last ten years against which final fantasy is observably falling short

2 Likes