All We Can Do Is Wait (Persona 5)

This shit’s getting a “The Royal.” Fan speculation is wild as to what this will be.

More deets April 24. Sure seems likely it’s just a The Golden/FES thingy where there’s some tweaks and some additional social links, like the red haired girl in the video. I guess she miiiiiiiiiiight be a P3P-style female PC, but she almost certainly isn’t. Good opportunity to release some extra skimpy DLC costumes, I’m sure, too.

A female PC would interest me on some level if they could rewrite the story significantly. But they won’t, so whatever.

Wake me up when Yamamoto Sayo is tapped to serve as scenario writer and art director for Persona 6. (This won’t happen.)

I still can’t get over how much this game disappointed me

3 Likes

P5Racing

6 Likes

Persona 5 The Royal pretty much looking to be exactly what Golden was to P4. Complete with brand new OC girl to woo.

October for Japan and somehow not until 2020 in the west because I guess that is just Atlus’ thing now. Also PS4 only for now.

1 Like

sucks, was hoping it was just another one they cobbled together from leftover assets; those always seem the best.

4 Likes

Hopefully they do a better/improved translation to go along with that wait this time.

2 Likes

Considering how it was a 8 month wait last time (and if the buzz around the time was to be believed Atlus wouldn’t let their translators even look at the game scripts until the game was officially done and released in Japan) I really doubt the process has changed much now.

God, I don’t want more Persona 5. What it needs is less.

1 Like

Then don’t play it

1 Like

How horny is this game

It is horny and objectifying of the Female Characters while also trying to point out the systematic objectifying and selling of women’s bodies of bad.

The politics of this game suck.

2 Likes

well the politics of every persona game after 2 sucks

persona 3 is a game about forging social bonds to strengthen yourself explicitly by manipulating people to become friends with you by exploiting things other people tell you about them

persona 4 is a game where the core message is if you’re transgender or gay bury your true self until you find a way to do it in a way that makes people around you comfortable

Yeah but also i like those casts. The cast of 5 is unlikable and especially so for an 80 hour game.

1 Like

I couldn’t even make it through a lp of persona 2 that cut out random battles and wandering around and skipped straight to dialogues it was still seven thousand hours long

2 Likes

Smash Ultimate made me kind of want to play this game, but I couldn’t even finish Persona 4, and by all accounts this game is worse.

I’m willing to forgive some of Persona’s more unsavory aspects because the core game is essentially whether you can utilize good time management skills to solve your social/emotional problems. Something I can’t quite seem to achieve in my own life, so in that sense it’s extremely modern game in that it’s diagnosed a societal problem correctly but the methodology needs to be refined as a few of you have mentioned so far in the thread.

1 Like

I’d like to get through more than a couple hours of P1 one day, don’t know when I’ll get back to 2. That’s a big to do

But I’ll die on the hill-tower of Tartarus for P3, that’s the best one now exactly in the middle of all their sensibilities. All the good of P4/5 are largely mechanical quality of life and visual building on 3, oh and being chummier. Not exactly as piercing theme or story wise.

1 Like

You’d think P5 would’ve felt faster less repetitive with all the Phantom Thievery and technical improvements, uniqueness of palace dungeons, Mementos in concept. It just felt like such weight to pour in time compared to the previous two, where I was super eager to see how everything culminated in the last couple months. Even separate from the sour politics it just didn’t invest me the same way and I can’t say why now other than format fatigue?

3 Likes
1 Like

This is pretty funny, since apparently half of the people who post on video game news comment threads were convinced this would be a Switch port of P5 and were yesterday getting pissed that P5S would just be a possibly watered-down P5 port

Nah, it’s a musou.

5 Likes