action cinema 2010 - 2019

Can we talk about the thing where every movie trailer has to start with a superfast ultracut trailer to the trailer to fit wtihin Youtube’s 5-second “skip” window

trailer trailers yeah

i’ve been shrieking about them everywhere except here for years for some reason

the single thing about you I find most unknowable is that you won’t use an adblocker

Nicolas Cage could be like some kind of CIA agent gone rogue who was imprisoned in and escaped from Guantanamo Bay

course they would actually have to close it first to make this movie

2 Likes

he’s not talking about ads

trailers on youtube open with several shots from the movie and a title MOVIE TITLE TRAILER THIS IS THE TRAILER OF THE MOVIE WATCH THE TRAILER it is part of the main video it is just there

IT IS JUST THERE IN THE VERY TRAILER UNDER DISCUSSION

FELIX

FELIX

5 Likes

anyway if Michael Bay actually wanted to make Bad Boys 3: This Time Even More Nihilistic & Hateful himself nothing would have kept him from it (except somebody not meeting his quote)

The Raid has some incredible fights. However, it really drags to finally get to them. And otherwise, The Raid 2 is immensely more entertaining.

The first trailer was meh but this one is hitting all the right notes for me. I was going to watch this regardless but now I actually want to.

blackhat and resident evil: retribution are what’s up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i’ll always fight for afterlife, but yeah

1 Like

Tell us how it is!

I love the first two Terminator movies. They’re a really good blend of elements: A little sci-fi, a little comedy, a little horror, a lot of action. I feel like that little bit of horror really helped hold it together, and it’s been absent from every Terminator after 2.

2 Likes

every new terminator movie is chance to finally get a good remaster of t2 and it never happens

2 Likes

It’s the best one since T2. Which I know doesn’t say much and it’s a low bar to clear but most of this was enjoyable. The first 45 minutes were probably the best. There’s a brisk lore setup then the introduction of the three new main characters (Davis, Reyes and Luna) and then a good chase sequence. The middle part of the movie where they re-introduce Arnold just kind of did not work and probably shouldn’t have been in there but I guess they’re too scared to do a Terminator movie that doesn’t have him or his likeness in it somehow. But he was there and he was still Arnold so whatever. The middle sags a bit because there’s some logistical story stuff getting the characters from where the movies starts to where it ends whilst trying to build a good emotional core to the story that never quite coalesced for me even though all the pieces were there. The final 30 minutes were good action. The lore has been safely reset.

Linda Hamilton, Mackenzie Davis, Natalia Reyes and Gabriel Luna were all really good.

The Ranking So Far:

The Terminator
Judgement Day
Dark Fate
Rise of the Machines
Salvation/Genisys

2 Likes

How much Furlong are we getting here? Your answer will determine if I see it or not.

1 Like

There is approximately 80 seconds of Furlong.

1 Like

i think that’s within the acceptable range

2 Likes

Okay if I’m being honest it’s more like 20?

retribution owns but so does final chapter!

1 Like

terminator was good. there’s a lot of cgi and the action could of been better done but I still liked it anyway. I loved arnold in the movie. when they introduced his character I thought “this is going to be dumb” but I ended up liking it a lot. philosophical old skynet killer that’s had time to develop some kind of consciousness versus the new guy from the microsoft bing to skynet’s google.

2 Likes

The Crow: Wicked Prayer is the best Crow. Eddie Furlong is the greatest.